Kwik fit disaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another Zak.

The car will fail the next MOT on defective headlamp wash system..............
Not if it's only a damaged cover, providing the washers still work.

Take them to the zoo and you will get monkeys working on them ..Stoped going in Kwik Fit after they drove my car up the steel ramp ripping open the sidewall of one of my new tyre. Said they had not done it, but that it needed replacing . That was 20 years ago, I have never been there after that . I have a nice little tyre shop 1 mile away that i ues for all my tyres . And i get punctures repaired for free .

I wouldn't trust Kwik Fit with my wheelbarrow.

Unless you know the lads at the kwik fit place and trust them its always best to avoid them. Unfortunately they don't care about you or anybody who comes through their door.
I would certainly email their customer services and escalate as far as you can, but these large companies are only interested in one thing, making money.. everything else including the customer is irrelevant to them and it shows through their don't care attitude.

Really the best thing you can do is find a decent trust worthy independent garage and never ever go back to kwik fit again.

I haven't been back in 20 years because of a bad experience and the massive amount of people who complain about them, even now...Any body remember apple car clinics, the spin off branch of kwik fit.. I rest my case..

I wouldn't trust Kwik Fit with my wheelbarrow.
That's what I thought when I read the first post.

We had new tyres and alignment done by Speedy (bit like KwikFit) in Limoges. Drove about 600 miles to London and the front tyres were badly chewed.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

R

I must be the luckiest man alive.

I have used KwikFit and had no issues.

Used them in May or an MOT, passed with no advisories, I watched them from the waiting room and they were careful with my car, polite and complimentary about the car itself. Cost me about £20 too.

I’ve given this a bit more thought over the last minute or two.

What do members get from slagging off firms that they disapprove of?

I’m referring to the unfunny comments about Hellfrauds or ShitFit, don’t want to use them? Just don’t then but there is no need to keep on bleating about it over and over.

Bore off!

Used them in May or an MOT, passed with no advisories, I watched them from the waiting room and they were careful with my car, polite and complimentary about the car itself. Cost me about £20 too.

The issue with (some) of the national chains, is lack of consistency.

So very often is simply down to the staff at the local branch. Where they're good guys, you get good service. Where they're not......

I feel like you are the same as the “technicians” that laughed and heckled that they always had idiots like me in their forecourt. Why?
I hadn't noticed that the "piece of bodywork " was only the tow eye cover. I thought they'd left half your front bumper on the passenger seat , silly me. 🙄

Haven't used KwikFit since a huge debacle (another story) with a (then) girlfriend's Austin Metro 25 years ago. I wrote a complaining letter to the chairman & he offered a complete set of new tyres to be fitted at one of his branches as compensation. We never took the offer up as we didn't want them anywhere near the car again.

I’m referring to the unfunny comments about Hellfrauds or ShitFit, don’t want to use them? Just don’t then but there is no need to keep on bleating about it over and over.

Bore off!
To warn others?

Bore off!
Because they are shit, will tell you anything to get a sale out of you to meet their daily targets, then you will get a guy who will do a 1/4 ****d job knowing its not done right but by the time you come back tomorrow to complain that somethings not right they will be on their day off, not my problem attitude

You are very lucky indeed, or your local Kwik Fit has a good selection of mechanics who care about their job (it must happen). Over the years Trading Standards and other bodies have investigated KF Halfords etc and generally found them very wanting, including missing dangerous stuff on MOTs. It's no coincidence that on car forums they have a poor rep. Only recently Halfords managed to butcher the interior and electrical system of an MB to the tune of £4k plus, which they admitted and had to pay up.
Markjay summed it up succinctly.

Kwickdicks once sold me a Taxi tyre next day i got a puncture next day and went back to get it repaired and the said they don't repair Taxi tyres when i told them they sold me it yesterday, they said it made no difference, so they would never see me again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom