Kwik fit disaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m struggling to understand what makes this incident qualify as a disaster. My reading of the initial post and the subsequent additional information is that there is disagreement over whether the oil and filter were changed and a lash-up repair came undone while in their possession, is that it?
With regards to employing Kwik-Fit, I’m in the ’use them for what they’re good at’ camp specifically tyre related services. Will they make an occasional mistake? Probably but I’ve made a few myself over the years.
No my main complaint is the lying about taking my car for a test drive which is specified as a mandatory act in Kwik fits own manifesto and should happen because some faults are not visible. Why would they lie considering that after reading the paperwork that I asked for specified that it had a road test.btw I have complained to the relevant people and they said that they would investigate and get back to me. That was 2.5 days ago and I don’t expect a call back soon.

No my main complaint is the lying about taking my car for a test drive which is specified as a mandatory act in Kwik fits own manifesto and should happen because some faults are not visible...

Checking on the Kwik Fit website, they offer three types of service:

- Engine Oil and Filter Change

- Interim Service

- Full Service

The last two do indeed include 'vehicle road test', but not the first.

What does it say on your invoice - which type of service did they do?

So in conclusion the "disaster" is that some person did not take your car for a test drive?

Did you specify any problems that would require a test drive to identify?
The world is different now whether we like it or not, firms minimise risk to personnel in current circumstances.

It wasn’t the tow eye cover, it was the headlamp wash cover but this is not the issue, the issue is that they rightfully took my car on a “test drive“ as part of its service and have even stated this in my service paperwork and decided to lie about it, that tells me personally that something has happened that they don’t want me to know about.

- Interim Service

- Full Service

Interim service.

- Interim Service

- Full Service

Interim service.this is my last reply on this subject because of the negativity that I am receiving and have to justify myself in someway. I have stated that a piece of bodywork was broken and did not imply that it was half of the bumper front end that was missing as some people have slated me for. At the end of the day my main complaint is saying that they didn’t take my car for a test drive which they should have done and they definitely did, but told me that they hadn’t which smells rotten if you ask me.

So to summarise,
They should have took your car for a test drive.
They did take your car for a test drive.
They then said they didn’t take it first for a test drive.
During the test drive the didn’t change your oil.

Last edited:
Or even the filter.

I think that the OP's point is that they did take it for a test drive (given that the car was returned to him with less fuel in the tank), but then denied it in order to cover the fact that the headlamps washer cover (that was glued in place) fell-off during said test drive.

I think that the OP's point is that they did take it for a test drive (given that the car was returned to him with less fuel in the tank), but then denied it in order to cover the fact that the headlamps washer cover (that was glued in place) fell-off during said test drive.
Strange that that’s a bigger issue than fraudulently (in his view) charging for an oil and filter change. He’s obviously been angered by the experience but needs to step back and put it in perspective.

Would any one on here be happy for a KF employee to test drive their car ? I am not sure I would be comfortable handing the key to my C55 AMG over to them.

But that will never be an issue as I would never have them service my car.

I gave up reading lol, I did not know were still people around that have not heard the kwik fit horrors, having owned my car for few years and come across some serious heavy handed, ham fisted repairs, soon became obvious merc needed a more professional approach, not a statement I would ever use with kwik fit.

Many years ago , my brother in law worked for them, the strokes they pulled beggared belief, from wd40 on shoxs, not doing oil and filter to save stock for cash jobs, dabs of oil on outside bottoms of drums, the list was extensive.

Personally I think you lucky they did not work on car, would bite bullet and find good indi or do it yaself

Yes it hurts to be ripped off, but really in this day and age with all info out there, kwik fit, you may have just as well sent money to African lottery winner being chased by corrupt officials that offer you 12000pounds tax free for your bank account details.

Proving your case, very difficult, it's why they still trading

I’ve had some good experiences with various branches of KwikFit for tyres and one branch sorted a minor electrical problem for my daughter‘s car one time and wouldn’t take any payment. So they’re not always bad I guess.

I’ve had some good experiences with various branches of KwikFit for tyres and one branch sorted a minor electrical problem for my daughter‘s car one time and wouldn’t take any payment. So they’re not always bad I guess.
The vast majority would agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom