Kwik Fit MOT discount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
Just had my MOT done on the W124 and found the following voucher code which gives a 10 gbp discount on the normal online price, taking it to 25 gbp all in for the test.

CAPKF9800

Apparently it's valid until the end of Dec 2011.

I admit I was suspicious, expecting them to find spurious issues they would then quote to fix, but they were actually really good. The guy even adjusted my hand brake cable and headlight aim to get it through the test and took the time to put the car back on the ramp so I could inspect the underside.

Hopefull it'll be of use to someone out there.

Thanks,

Just booked one of mine in using that discount code.

£25 is a good deal :)

Be very very very careful, they would use a fine toothpick to pick on anything and fail your mot. Took my beautiful SL there last week and they wanted me to buy 2 new tyres for £700 when they were perfectly in good nick (well legal anyway, 4mil each). Claimed there was a crack in one tyre with all the cables coming out and I couldn't see anything. Took my car to another mot place who told me it was fine. This was my 2nd bad experience with kwikfit needless to say I would never never return there....

would never take my cars to quick-fit far too risky,like trying to get a decent meal at mcdonalds.

I always take my cars to the local Council vehicle maintenance depot for MOTs. £40, they don't do repairs, so no potential for "creative fault finding". Have built a good relationship with the workshop manager. Had one car MOT'd on Tuesday. Brake light bulb required to pass, fitted a new bulb at no charge for me and the car passed with no advisories. That's on a 20 year old car.

Kwik-Fit. Thanks but no thanks.

I've used Kwik-Fit for MOTs before without any issues - passed (or failed for valid reasons)... no pressure to fix there, and even refused to do so on the SL in fear of breaking it lol.

But my bugbear with them is that they charge for retest if you drive it out of the station. my W124 failed last year on exhaust so i took it home, fixed it and returned it within the hour or so and they charged £25 extra to retest it whilst i waited for about 5 mins on the ramp :(

this time i seeked out an MOT station that doesnt charge for retests if you take the car away within 10 days.

But my bugbear with them is that they charge for retest if you drive it out of the station. my W124 failed last year on exhaust so i took it home, fixed it and returned it within the hour or so and they charged £25 extra to retest it whilst i waited for about 5 mins on the ramp :(

this time i seeked out an MOT station that doesnt charge for retests if you take the car away within 10 days.

That sucks :mad:...however as per the KwickFit website:

• If the vehicle fails because of one or more items on the list of specific items below, provided the vehicle is returned for re-Test by the end of the next working day, then no fee applies.
No fee will be charged for a retest if your vehicle is repaired and returned for a retest before the end of the next working day if the failure is for one of the following:

• Bonnet
  • Boot lid
  • Brake pedal anti-slip device
  • Direction indicators
  • Doors
  • Drop-sides
  • Fuel Filler Cap
  • Hazard Warning
  • Horn
  • Lamps
  • Loading door
  • Mirrors
  • Rear reflectors
  • Registration plates
  • Seat belts (but not anchorages)
  • Seats
  • Sharp edges or projections
  • Steering wheel
  • Tailboard
  • Tailgate
  • Tyres *
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • Windscreen and glass
  • Windscreen washer and wipers
  • Wheels *

Last edited:
had a discount mot years ago , when i went to collect it they said it passed but we have had to charge you to realign the headlights , coincidentally this bought the cost up to full price !!!!!

^Reported, you don't drive a Maserati, and your site doesn't sell cars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom