Lack of 12v sockets in W204 and W212?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayboy222

Car
Mercedes E63
Hi all

I have a W212 and the wife has a W204, I knew my W212 was lacking in 12v sockets with just one in the front and one in the rear but none in the boot, but recently sat in the back of my wife's W204 and was really surprised to discover that there was no 12v socket in the rear. Which means there's only one in the whole car, as there isn't one in the boot either.....just seemed really weird and/or stingy to me!

The W212 is a 2012 and the W204 is a 2014, so not particularly old, so just wondered if there was any explanation for the lack of sockets?

Thanks.

I know the estate (S204) has one in the front and one in the boot. I think they must have just thought that people would not carry anything that would need it in the boot or rear seats of the salon.

Change marques . Thats shocking !!!!

I don't know if it is trim related but in my S212 MY2010 I have one in the glovebox, front central console, rear central console and one it the boot.

I managed to get hold of a 12v socket from the luggage area an S204 and I fitted to my W204 using the same fuse point on the SAM, works a treat when ignition on, I could have put it onto a constant 12v point, but, not worth killing the battery by mistake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom