Lack of boost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coolin95

Car
Mercedes C220 2011
Hi all,

so I have a Mercedes c250 (2011) and there seems to be a lack of power, I’m not sure if it’s turbo related or what as I can still hear the turbo spooling up but there’s not as much boost as there used to be.

Thanks in advance for any help

Any codes? Can you see the actuator arm moving when it the ignition is switched on? Have you checked for split pipes/leaks post turbo etc?

Hi
Had a similar experience, turned out to be a split in the turbo/intercooler pipe. Mine eventually showed and engine management light.

Check the pipes for splits, they are not easy to see, mine was a out 1.5" split on the back. The garage found it using a smoke test machine and could see smoke coming out of it under boost.

Cheers

Any codes? Can you see the actuator arm moving when it the ignition is switched on? Have you checked for split pipes/leaks post turbo etc?
No codes showing yet mate, I’m hoping it’s down to a split pipe or something but is there anything els this could be a symptom of?

Hi
Had a similar experience, turned out to be a split in the turbo/intercooler pipe. Mine eventually showed and engine management light.

Check the pipes for splits, they are not easy to see, mine was a out 1.5" split on the back. The garage found it using a smoke test machine and could see smoke coming out of it under boost.

Cheers

Thanks, I’m hoping that’s all it is!
Was yours still boosting? Just not as it should do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom