Lack of power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello all. My C124 doesn't rev above 4000rpm and I can't seem to get it to go more than 70mph. Does anyone know why this could be?

My brother once bought a nearly new 306 diesel in 1995, which had a similar problem. He was so annoyed for a whole weekend. Turned out to be the rubber mat had slipped underneath throttle pedal not allowing it to be fully depressed.

Hello all. My C124 doesn't rev above 4000rpm and I can't seem to get it to go more than 70mph. Does anyone know why this could be?

Stone me, that's a first for me. My problems have always been sub-10 mph. 70+ an absolute dream.

My impression of all my MBs is that they are AOK for Autobahn and, well, forget Stadtmitte.

Sorry to have no suggestions.

RayH

I've actually had a new fuel filter fitted in just recently

If this model has a MAF sensor I would start there.

Problems started after the new filter was put in. I will check if it's back to front and will also check the maf sensor as well

Problems started after the new filter was put in. I will check if it's back to front and will also check the maf sensor as well

300CE with a MAF? If this car is a real 300 and not a 320, it should have KE Jetronic and a 'mechanical' MAF.

Best to clarify exactly which car we're thinking about here.

RayH

So here's my dilemma. The mechanic I used installed the filter back to front now the nozzle at the front of this pic needs to go on the other side. I cant remove this one so I need to if buy a new one. Before I do that is the front nozzle easily removed?

Photos of the filter

Attachments

• image-2374748033.jpg
    image-2374748033.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image-784707888.jpg
    image-784707888.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 20
Undo the bolt at the top and put it on the bottom. It is simple to do but I cant remember if it is reverse threaded or not.

After looking at the arrows on the body of the filter maybe its time for a mechanic change!

Tony.

I did all that and in the process the top fuel pump has started to leak think I tweaked when installing the filter. Going the replace the whole lot with new filter and pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom