Lack of pull in higher revs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mickybo

Car
W251 R320cdi
Hi, I have an s210 e320cdi and I'm not sure if I have a problem or not
when I take off from standstill it seems to pull reasonable until I let off, but if i'm cruising at say 70 and want to overtake in kick-down I get fairly weak pull in the upper rev range from say 3000rpm on but if im doing 30 or 40 and accelerate it pulls fairly good.
Went for a spin in my mates w210 same engine and his will pin me back in the seat with the pull it has.

Anyone have any ideas as I don't get any errors up just seems to run out of puff, but it will keep gathering speed just not with a great deal of urgency

The ECU is adopting limp home mode and dropping the turbo.

Likely issues are either the MAF sensor, the EGR valve or the inlet port shutoff motor playing up.

Best to have the codes read if you can't check these yourself.

The ECU is adopting limp home mode and dropping the turbo.

Likely issues are either the MAF sensor, the EGR valve or the inlet port shutoff motor playing up.

Best to have the codes read if you can't check these yourself.

Figured this might be the case, but I cant find any good independents with a star machine local to me Around Dungannon in Northern Ireland and Mercedes are looking £99 just to plug the machine in

Figured this might be the case, but I cant find any good independents with a star machine local to me Around Dungannon in Northern Ireland and Mercedes are looking £99 just to plug the machine in

Then...cheaper to drive to Belfast and have it done at one of the many indies there...in fact there's one in Kennedy Way Ind Est...Merc Tech. With lack of boost you should see more than 50mpg on the way down!!

Then...cheaper to drive to Belfast and have it done at one of the many indies there...in fact there's one in Kennedy Way Ind Est...Merc Tech. With lack of boost you should see more than 50mpg on the way down!!

only averaging 36mpg at the minute, reasonable boost in the lower rev range its just in the upper range and in kick down it feels more like a straight diesel, I know there is a indie around portadown on the road from portadown to Moy but can't remember his name, might be worth a trip into see him, spoke to him about 2 years ago about my dads S500 so think i'll call in and see him and let you know if he's any good and reasonable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom