lacking power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bickyboy

Car
2009 e350cdi
hi guys im new here so pleases bear with me I need some advice I have a 2009 E350cdi auto done 80.000miles was in merecedes 300 miles ago in july for intermittent power loss and eml on charged me just over £1000 for new servo motor plus fitting gaskets etc as you can tell we don't use it much only 300 miles in 6mths so it does sit around sometimes for weeks without use its gone back into Mercedes with same fault and same fault code but they now say its the flap/rod in manifold that drives the servo which is sticking / faulty and with parts labour etc £1800 my argument is same fault code had they fixed it properly last time ?? car drives ok as and when it feels like it so I do think something is sticking but feel they are slapping my ass at the main stealer any good advice please would be appreciated

9/10 we always change the flaps too. It's silly not to. Use an independent. It will be much cheaper.

I have been told by another mechanic that it maybe possible to disconnect them from the servo and it won't cause any issues !!! Can't see it myself:dk::dk:

bickyboy said:
I have been told by another mechanic that it maybe possible to disconnect them from the servo and it won't cause any issues !!! Can't see it myself:dk::dk:

It will. Don't do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom