Lacquer peeling on four year old Jupiter red A class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there.

I read your thread earlier and it was a great help.

It is only the bumpers at present but starting to get concerned that it will start on the remaining body work.

I picked the red deliberately as I love the richness of it. I am starting to regret it now!!

This is definitely a different issue.
There are no issues with Jupiter red, only fire opal red appears in any of the threads and no a-classes appear in the threads.
Paintwork is only covered by warranty for 3years, after that it's goodwill hence your 25% contribution.
By the look of it you shouldn't worry about the bodywork.

Peeling lacquer is not a problem I'd normally associate with factory paint, suggesting that the bumpers may have been repainted at some point

If MB are not willing to repaint them as goodwill I'd have them painted by a good local bodyshop. It will be a lot less hassle

Nick Froome

Paintwork is only covered by warranty for 3years, after that it's goodwill hence your 25% contribution.

Pretty sure most decent cars have up to 12 years paint warranty these days. The mechanical warranty is usually only 3 years.

Russ

Paint warranty is different to perforation warranty. Paint is 3 years on MB.

I was told that they will not cover plastic body parts on the warranty, only the metal body parts. This may be why they are covering 75% of the cost out of goodwill.

Personally, having had both the micro blistering and lacquer peel issue on my Opal C Class I understand the frustration of having to pay for anything at all, but I imagine if you look deeply into the in's and out's, you'll find that they could charge you 100% and that 25% is a good deal.

Either kick up a fuss and hope they cave and pay for 100% or accept that asking for 25% is quite reasonable of them. This is me assuming that they are willing to do the same deal as they did with the back bumper though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom