Lag Switch (and other PS3 cheats...)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
So after melting yet another console, my friends ganged up and bought me a PS3... how kind of them!

I popped on ebay and started looking for COD: black ops (which I used to love), only to be swamped by results for lag switches, aimbots, auto-fire/auto-aim modification chip and all sorts of cheat-gear...

What's the point? Congratulations, you won an online game by cheating...

Makes me not want to bother playing!

Rant over...
M.

I play COD alot and its ver rare that a cheater pops up.

Battlefield 3 is out soon anyway. Thats the game of the moment

lock n load soldier !

That's the point... with hardware cheats like these, it's practically impossible to detect them...

and they'll port quite well to Battlefield... or any other game... makes me want to forget about social games!

I agree, I can't see the point in cheats myself.

Mrs BTB used to play a lot of the games on Facebook till I explained that the people who played once and got 2 or 3 times her score were using freely available software to slow the games down.

The annoying part is, a lot of these games have the potential to be good games... COD was a great game... and then the cheaters came...

Is there no anti-cheat protection on consoles then? Never actually used a console on line...

Online PC games do suffer a bit but at least servers can run PunkBuster, VAC, GCC and the like which control most of the known cheats.

Why do it though? Is it just to see your name at the top of a score-sheet, even knowing you got there by downloading and running a script someone else wrote? Or more like pulling the legs off ants 'because its fun'?

While waiting for Battlefield 3 has anyone else tried Battlefield Play4Free? Not at all shoddy for a browser game!

cheers!

There is... but this is a hardware mod that makes use of delaying network traffic.
The concept is such:
- before running around a corner, you disconnect your console/pc from the internet
- you run around the corner, and based on the cached information on your console, shoot your opponent
- you reconnect your console/pc to the internet, your console/pc uploads the data of what you did (going around the corner, killing the guy) as fast as it can
- the third party can't kill you as on his console/pc you haven't come around the corner yet. When the data that you've come around the corner reaches his machine, so does the data of you shooting him

You can't stop this, as people have bad connections and banning anyone with some packet loss will ban just about every player on the planet...

Would work with a pc just like a console...
M.

Battlefield Play4Free - dowloading now!

Love CoD and MoH.

Agree that cheating is completely pointless

There is... but this is a hardware mod that makes use of delaying network traffic.
The concept is such:
- before running around a corner, you disconnect your console/pc from the internet
- you run around the corner, and based on the cached information on your console, shoot your opponent
- you reconnect your console/pc to the internet, your console/pc uploads the data of what you did (going around the corner, killing the guy) as fast as it can
- the third party can't kill you as on his console/pc you haven't come around the corner yet. When the data that you've come around the corner reaches his machine, so does the data of you shooting him

You can't stop this, as people have bad connections and banning anyone with some packet loss will ban just about every player on the planet...

Would work with a pc just like a console...
M.

That's 'lag bombing' eh?

Don't see it so much on PC games except for listenserver setups, which suck generally anyway.
A dedicated server can easily bump anyone with lag spikes, it spoils gameplay anyway.

https://battlefield.play4free.com/en/playnow

can't knock it that price!

Agreed - there are MANY people complaining about COD's developer's choice to go with a peer-to-peer model for online gaming... reduces costs I guess!

You will always get cheats on any game on line -used to play lots of CSS-always had to kick people for using aim bots etc-along with shocking language etc(some short term ban only!)
It definitely detracts from the whole immersive environment!:doh:

im a COD monkey, MW2 and i hate BO & WAW

im on most nights around 1am ish

The GFP

xbox only as i dont use my pus 3 online

i get so angry with quickscoping pre-pubescent morons who squeal like girls and think quickscoping is a skill which its not

hardcore HQ or hardcore TDM

add me, ive got a potty mouth though

I used to be into COD very heavily although I got bored of COD6 and even more quickly 7. I think I've done it to death...

I was aware later on that there were methods of cheating which is sad because it detracts from the gameplay knowing others cheat whilst you aren't.

You can limit your games to those with people you know but that assumes you know enough with the same game and console...

The GFP - I melted my xbox.. I mean, literally melted... not just a ring of dead... theres a depression in the case, melted plastic and the lot :p

Apparently the GPU overheated... not going to replace it as between ps3 and wii I've got everything covered... the one game I'll miss is Halo... but oh well...

If anyone wants to add me, it's
l-Spinal-l
(those are lower case L's at the beginning and end)

Just put a note saying mbclub when you add me as I'm getting random people asking to be my friends :p

M

Ok just got to say, as far as first person shooters go...

I HATE SNIPERS!!

ruin every game/map I play...

Only ever got into CS. Looking forward to the new one next year :)

Die, sniper!
Love chasing snipers through the woods in a heli....

The plonkers jumping into helis and planes then crashing straight away, then re-spawning and camping helipads til another one turns up wind me up more though....

c'mon lets see some of you on Battlefield P4F!

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom