Lago di Como - Hotel Recommendation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Fancy spending two or three nights on Lake Como on the way back from Tuscany later this year.

Anyone have any personal recommendations for hotels? Must have private / secure parking, and ideally be within walking distance of restaurants / bars etc. 3* or 4* preferred, but quite hapy to stay in a good 2* if it comes recommended.

Only ever stayed there once, and it was at the Villa D'Este at Cernobbio. Might not be quite what you are looking for though...thankfully the company was paying when I was there!

Fancy spending two or three nights on Lake Como on the way back from Tuscany later this year.

Anyone have any personal recommendations for hotels? Must have private / secure parking, and ideally be within walking distance of restaurants / bars etc. 3* or 4* preferred, but quite hapy to stay in a good 2* if it comes recommended.
Stay at the metropole Suisse it has secure parking. It's right on the centre close to lots of good restaurants. I've been going to como for many years. Ask the front desk to book you dinner at Navedano one night you'll love it. There is a great cafe across the square and the actual restaurant in the hotel is good too

Take Harry's advice on board ;)

Como is a lovely place. We stayed in Cadenabbia

Invest in a travel pass for the water boats and use them to visit all the little towns on the coast.

Varenna, Mennagio and Bellagio are lovely little villages.

Only ever stayed there once, and it was at the Villa D'Este at Cernobbio. Might not be quite what you are looking for though...thankfully the company was paying when I was there!
I see what you mean :crazy:

Stay at the metropole Suisse it has secure parking.
Looks ideal. Only trouble is it's fully booked for the dates I have in mind :(

Thanks to all for the suggestions. The search continues...

I see what you mean :crazy:

Looks ideal. Only trouble is it's fully booked for the dates I have in mind :(

Thanks to all for the suggestions. The search continues...

Did you try calling them? It has been my experience that often there is availability that is not reflected on the booking sites. Worth a call maybe?

HTH

Ok look at the palace hotel too. It's just along from the Metroploe Suisse. Also the excelsior is on the square too. The villa deste is lovely to visit. Great to stay in but the food is rubbish. Look at booking the Raimondo restaurant too it's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom