laguna been clamped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriss428

Car
w124 230e manual white amg kit+ Yreg W210 E320 Tekiti Grey 7seater hadGina w124 E200te blue 7seater
1 of our project cars was clamped this morning and after finding out who wat when and ware we discovered that if you buy a car that is allready sorn you have to sorn it again in your name and you do not get any tax reminders threw when you sorn your car and as we were about to stick her in for mot next wk this has realy ****** me off lol aparently the dvla have the right to clamp your car on private property including your drive if you havent declared sorn who would of fort it lol so if any 1 reading this is in the south west near burnham on sea and want a renault laguna r reg with 114,000 miles 2.0ltr 16v engine with air con radio control steering wheel new £500 pound gearbox gd tyres and alloys with only the exhaust and bonnet clip need doing for the mot she is yours for the release fee of £300 lol needs must lol o n if actualy any1 is interested then the ddeal has to be done today or 2mo morning lol please call chris on 07545776108 :p

cheers chris lol

Just remove the clamp without damaging it and leave it at the side of the road. The DVLA doesnt own the clamp, the cowboys that do the contract work for the DVLA do. Providing you dont damage the clamp there is bugger all they can do. Ive had to remove 3 off customers cars and when questioned, ive denied all knowledge.

how have you done so ive had alook and disk cutter seems the only option :D may even cut up the laguna lol no no i wont lol

Is the clamp held on with a padlock ? I simply cut the padlock off the clamp with a portable angle grinder and then replaced it with a new padlock ( same make ) and then threw the clamp at the side of the road.

Post some pics

park another car in front of it if you can so it cant be towed, then dismantle the hub at you leisure. Have they given you a time limit before they send a tow truck?

Last edited:
Can they really clamp you on private property? Wouldnt that be trespass.

Wouldn't the clamp now be your property seeing as they left it on your property? (I assume it is your property?)

park another car in front of it if you can so it cant be towed, then dismantle the hub at you leisure. Have they given you a time limit before they send a tow truck?

wont work as they can lift it onto a low loader.

Actually a mate used to be 'one of those cowboys' and to be honest this is one form of clamping I support. I pay tax, others should too. Until the Police were allowed to take a car for no insurance the DVLA were the only ones who could actually take a car off someone. The police just issued a ticket.

Not great when you've not realised you need to keep declaring it given you don't need to buy a new tax disk when you buy a car. Might be worth a nice letter of appeal for that although you must have had it a bit/got it where someone could see it and they have reported it as the dvla are not the quickest to act and there are very few of these crews around.

m.

Is the clamp held on with a padlock ? I simply cut the padlock off the clamp with a portable angle grinder and then replaced it with a new padlock ( same make ) and then threw the clamp at the side of the road.

Post some pics

did you bung them a key??? lol and renault balljoints are annoying lol

as the car is in the mrs's name she is worried about after affects after i remove padlock?????

Actually a mate used to be 'one of those cowboys' and to be honest this is one form of clamping I support. I pay tax, others should too. Until the Police were allowed to take a car for no insurance the DVLA were the only ones who could actually take a car off someone. The police just issued a ticket.

Not great when you've not realised you need to keep declaring it given you don't need to buy a new tax disk when you buy a car. Might be worth a nice letter of appeal for that although you must have had it a bit/got it where someone could see it and they have reported it as the dvla are not the quickest to act and there are very few of these crews around.

m.

I dont believe in "nice letters of appeal", to certain organisations - they dont contact you with a "nice letter of intended wheel clamping", before they slap one on your car. It's your property and you have a right to defend it.

I've sorned cars and kept them on private land surrounding my business and they've still been clamped ( SORN notice stuck on windscreen ) the private clamping companies have no reason and are simply out to make as much money as possible - sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

lol

I dont believe in "nice letters of appeal", to certain organisations - they dont contact you with a "nice letter of intended wheel clamping", before they slap one on your car. It's your property and you have a right to defend it.

I've sorned cars and kept them on private land surrounding my business and they've still been clamped ( SORN notice stuck on windscreen ) the private clamping companies have no reason and are simply out to make as much money as possible - sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Generally though they do. Its the tax renewal reminder.

As i said, this case is a bit trickier and that might actually be the way out. If they didn't contact him then he might have a case. If they did post something and it was lost en route/not read then you are stuck.

EDIT the DVLA as far as I am aware do not use "private clamping companies" It was a big firm called Vinci Park that did it and you shouldn't confuse the scam artists on Watchdog with a public service company.

My mate would put a flyer on the car and then come back and put the boot on a week later if the car still hadn't been taxed.

The only ones they clamped immediately/lifted were those belonging to drug dealers/crims who used cars as currency.

m.

Last edited:
Where *exactly* was the car parked when clamped?

You say it was on private land - can you be more specific?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom