Lambda sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello all. I want to change the lambda sensor on my 300CE 12v coupe but can't seem to get this off. Have been told by a mechanic that over time this may have bonded onto the exhaust. Does anyone know if i can get the sensor off without having to change the front part of the exhaust?

babyblueCE said:
Hello all. I want to change the lambda sensor on my 300CE 12v coupe but can't seem to get this off. Have been told by a mechanic that over time this may have bonded onto the exhaust. Does anyone know if i can get the sensor off without having to change the front part of the exhaust?

If it is true'lly stuck/welded/bonded etc then I would personally leave that sensor in place and weld a new lambda housing/boss (approx £5 each on eBay.) very close to the original location and install the new lambda sensor there instead. HTH.

So would that mean that i would need to cut a whole in the exhaust also and weld the boss in place and secure the new lambda sensor in the new housing, no way i can take out the existing one?

Just take it to an exhaust shop they will have it out in no time, they will either heat it with a torch and then cool it fast with water before removing or just lots of WD40 and use an O2 sensor socket (or both)

If they can't get it out that way they will normally either cut the bung of with an air saw and weld a new one on, if all else fails they can as above weld a new bung close to the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom