Lambda spacers are scam??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristopherLembra

Car
CLS 55 AMG (current); CLK 500 (sold)
Hi, I want to remove my primary cats (then exhaust is full straight pipe) but I dont want to have CEL. I did some research and I could get some lambda spacers. For the second lambda sensors. Now I texted my mechanic and he said they wouldnt work, that he has tried already.
Why wouldnt they work?? I think the ratings would be bad and there would be many videos about why they are so bad.

I have w209 clk 500 (m113)

Proper lambda cheaters have a smaller hole in them to restrict the amount of gas that they see, so the lambda is programmed to see a speciffic amount of flow, with the cats removed they will see more, hence the smaller holes

Proper lambda cheaters have a smaller hole in them to restrict the amount of gas that they see, so the lambda is programmed to see a speciffic amount of flow, with the cats removed they will see more, hence the smaller holes
Yeah, there are some models with changeable holes. Do you happen to have ever fitted some o2 spacers and do you know the holes diameter? So if i wanted to be safe i should just look up spacers with smallest hole? XD

I have fitted these on quite a few cars but no idea on hole size

I have fitted these on quite a few cars but no idea on hole size
And difference between straight and 90 degree angled spacers is only dimensions (which one suits better under your car). Ive heard that 90 degree ones have to be turned so that the lambda sensor has to be same direction as the exhaust pipes go (towards rear of the car)

Yes thats right

GUARANTEED M.O.T. fail !

All they are supposed to do it to move the tip of the sensor towards the outer edge of the gas flow thus 'fooling' the ECU, do they work ? no idea. I assume where you live there is no test for excessive exhaust noise or exhaust system modification . :)

The test now includes checking that original equipment is in place, no cats, no pass.

I believe you can have the Lambda sensors coded out, well my understanding two of the four in the case of a V8

Hi AMG, I missed that :fail:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom