Lambo Door kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rumble

Car
'89 190E (sold), '96 C180 (given away), '02 C240!
Anyone have any experience on Lamborghini style door mechanisms? Im wondering if the door is opened outward like a regular door for a couple inches before the upward motion kicks in. Or does the bodywork have to be modified in anyway, other than removing the existing mechanism to fit the new one. :confused:

78_1_b.JPG

Opinions on whether this is a to-die-for mod or wouldn't-touch-with-a-barge-pole type are always welcome!!!!

Well, it's a I will never sell my car again to anyone in their right mind, so if I do this I will be keeping the car forever mod!

Does that help? :D

I believe you can get bolt on kits which are reversable, no welding but the high end versions are welded and have more functions like true vertical 90degree positioning, and angle adjustment, smoother motion etc etc. :D

The basic bolt on kits i have seen are quite crude. They do open out wards for a few inched then they lift up. The standard lock mechanism is kept, its just a different hinge. IMO their not worth very much and the prices i have seen them for are just taking the piss for what is just a rough flame cut mild steel plate, a few bolts and random gas strut that probably isn't balanced for the weight of your car door. You never will be able to have true vertical lift lambo door as the wing and shape of the door are the wrong shape to lift up out of the shell without interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom