Lamborghini Murcielago v CL65 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
:D :D :D

Took the car up the car wash just now, and as I was waiting to pull out a Lamborghini Murcielago shoots past me.

Would you beleive it, he takes the same turning as I do, which just happens to be a 3 mile straight road followed by some bends, followed by another 2 mile straight.

He had a few bursts of speed up to 100ish but nothing more. The first part is hilly so overtaking is not an option.

We came up to the bends and he shot round them, I was lagging a bit.

As the last bend came up he floored it and so did I, however I had to play a bit of catch up due to the bends.

There was a car coming up in front which we caught, but then it indicated to turn right, so he had to slow and so did I. I knew there was a 1.5 mile straight after this, and as I thought he might, he gunned it. I couldn't hear the radio over the sound of his engine/exhausts, an awesome sound :D

I followed him up to xxx mph, and then the best bit, I indicated, and over took him!! :eek: :D

As I sailed past the two guys looked over at me with a strange look. When I got to the end of the road they turned one way and me the other, the passenger was looking at the V12 Biturbo badges on the side of my car :p

Made my day, and im still smiling now.

Jeremy Clarkson's CL65 road test comment came into my head afterwards, 'No matter what car comes up against you, it wont matter as you can simply blow them into the weeds!'

Last edited:
Just shows... on paper the Lambo should have had you on the corners !!!

-I don't think there is much out there that is street legal that has the same kind of straight line speed (or torque) !!!!!

When you getting it chipped, etc ??

That sounds like it was fun :D

So end of December for the 200HP NOS as well ?? :eek: :D

(1st Jan - gearbox re-build)

Never mind the noise of his engine - your engine sounds like turbo charged spitfire !

Maff said:
:D As I sailed past the two guys looked over at me with a strange look. When I got to the end of the road they turned one way and me the other, the passenger was looking at the V12 Biturbo badges on the side of my car :p

Reminds me of the de-badging debates. No way would I de-badge that car, although I might put 320CDI badges on...... :D :D

Maff said:
Jeremy Clarkson's CL65 road test comment came into my head afterwards, 'No matter what car comes up against you, it wont matter as you can simply blow them into the weeds!'
It certainly left the Aston Martin and the Bentley TOTALLY humiliated.

Thanks very much,
John

glojo said:
Reminds me of the de-badging debates. No way would I de-badge that car, although I might put 320CDI badges on...... :D :D

It certainly left the Aston Martin and the Bentley TOTALLY humiliated.

Thanks very much,
John

Yep!

If anyone wants the TopGear CL65 test video and the race of the CL v Aston v Bentley just let me know and ill PM you the URL for the download.

Maff said:
Yep!

If anyone wants the TopGear CL65 test video and the race of the CL v Aston v Bentley just let me know and ill PM you the URL for the download.

Yes please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom