Land Registry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

balge

Car
Mercedes-Benz W124
Hi
anyone know what the Land Registry requires in the way of documentation to change the ownership details on a plot of land?

Had a scan round their webpage but couldn't see anything useful...

cheers

Hi
need to sort out a change of ownership on the plot before we can start thinking about planning permission,mardy council, building etc... etc!

Well spotted the link, will try the online support, should be a simple enough question!

cheers!

Balge - In case you were unaware, anyone can apply for planning permission, you don't need to be the title holder of that piece of land. Might save you a bit of time.

Balge - In case you were unaware, anyone can apply for planning permission, you don't need to be the title holder of that piece of land. Might save you a bit of time.

Yes, knew that...that's one reason we need to sort out the ownership details before anything else!

cheers

However if you intend doing anything further it might just be a good idea to get the owners consent. If someone started putting footings in my lawn I would get a bit miffed. Call me picky if you like.:)

Call them and they will tell you which documents to provided and forms to use, also point you to the right guidance sections on the web site.

Doesnt this call for a solicitor?

It says you need a conveyancer if there is a mortgage involved, but as there isn't I was hoping to avoid solicitors as long as possible...

cheers

However if you intend doing anything further it might just be a good idea to get the owners consent. If someone started putting footings in my lawn I would get a bit miffed. Call me picky if you like.:)

Me too, which is why having the neighbours demolish a boundary fence and erect another one a few yards onto our plot has added to the problem...

cheers

Me too, which is why having the neighbours demolish a boundary fence and erect another one a few yards onto our plot has added to the problem...

cheers

Whereas I have every sympathy with you ,I would be furious,be very careful. As others will no doubt advise,LR plans are not accurate to a few feet and the only people who stand to profit are the solicitors.

The LR are well known for refusing to stand behind their own plans.Case law is stuffed with expensive action which have produced no satisfactory resolution for the complainant.

Whereas I have every sympathy with you ,I would be furious,be very careful. As others will no doubt advise,LR plans are not accurate to a few feet and the only people who stand to profit are the solicitors.

The LR are well known for refusing to stand behind their own plans.Case law is stuffed with expensive action which have produced no satisfactory resolution for the complainant.

Absolutely, quite an eye-opener realising how little actual protection is available if you can't afford lawyers. Can't say I'm surprised LR has a reputation, I've found them to be pretty unhelpful so far.
Just trying to do some damage limitation, a few yards is irritating - the whole lot would be quite upsetting...

cheers

Well, got a response of sorts from the LR

"Thank you for your enquiry dated 2nd November 2012.
Please refer to Frequently asked questions on the Land Registry website at Land Registry - Land Registry - UK Government Department, under Public – Frequently asked questions – Changing details held in the register – 4. How do I transfer my registered land/property?
All the forms required for the application are available on the website, under Professional – Forms.
There is also a fee for this application please refer to the registration services fees, under Professional – Fees.
I hope this information is of assistance to you."

So, something to get started on, at least four different forms to fill in...
cheers all

Well, got a response of sorts from the LR

"Thank you for your enquiry dated 2nd November 2012.
Please refer to Frequently asked questions on the Land Registry website at Land Registry - Land Registry - UK Government Department, under Public – Frequently asked questions – Changing details held in the register – 4. How do I transfer my registered land/property?
All the forms required for the application are available on the website, under Professional – Forms.
There is also a fee for this application please refer to the registration services fees, under Professional – Fees.
I hope this information is of assistance to you."

So, something to get started on, at least four different forms to fill in...
cheers all

One of your problems will be the thickness of the lines used by the LR to delineate property boundaries. These can easily cover a meter plus therefore any dispute around an area this size usually cannot be resolved by referral to the LR plans. Also you are supplied with a copy (often of a copy of a copy) which cannot be scaled. Fixed points especially on older properties are also not as fixed or as accurately plotted as they need to be.

The very best of luck but it is a very fraught area (no pun intended) of litigation.

Absolutely, quite an eye-opener realising how little actual protection is available if you can't afford lawyers. Can't say I'm surprised LR has a reputation, I've found them to be pretty unhelpful so far.
Just trying to do some damage limitation, a few yards is irritating - the whole lot would be quite upsetting...

cheers

It's about getting beyond the contact centres and speaking to a person. Their written responses are usually very gaurdedl, but a phone call usually gets something more helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom