Land Rover Defender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

91dm

MB Enthusiast
Car
A few
Hello!

I thought this might be of some interest to people here. After a long time (almost a year) looking for a jeep I finally managed to get something that wasn't on the original list of choices. I was looking at Land Rover/Range Rover's and ML/GLE however the second hand market was just madness.

So here is my first ever new car a Defender D250 in Carpathian grey!

Pictures at the dealer on the first view:

Collection day three months on:

I've had the jeep for just two months now and covered 3.5k miles, will update with more pictures soon!

Thanks for looking.

Looks nice......looks like a nice dealership to.....just as well because based on my experience of LandRover company cars (Defender, Evoque, Freelander, Full fat Range Rover) it will be there A LOT! Sorry but we, as a company, will never buy them again.

Looks nice......looks like a nice dealership to.....just as well because based on my experience of LandRover company cars (Defender, Evoque, Freelander, Full fat Range Rover) it will be there A LOT! Sorry but we, as a company, will never buy them again.
This isn't the first Land Rover in the family, although much newer than anything previously so am aware of the future that lies ahead. My sister currently has an Evoque.

I didn't have the chance to order my own specification, due to the demand for them I had three to pick from. This was the best spec for me, it doesn't have many options, air suspension, tow bar and electric leather seats over standard. The digital dash and 360 cameras were standard although I believe are options now. It has the 3.0 straight six diesel with 8 speed auto.

Current impressions are:
+ Very good ride (test drove a spring model which seemed very good)
+ Very smooth and well matched drive train
+ Tech and cabin layout

- Rear cabin space is smaller than expected for the vehicle size

Evening!

Hopefully no major issues in here down the line, everything looks very accessible:

Interior is a nice place to sit, great screens and layout of controls.

Some cool touches:

I coated all underneath before hitting the road!

I coated the whole exterior with Carbon Collective ceramic coating, very impressed so far.

Rear lights and back of the Defender is probably my favourite angle, the lights do look cool at night! It's a shame it will never be this clean again.

Thanks for looking!

That looks very very nice. Good colour too.
Friend had his delivered a few days ago and I’ll be catching up with him on how he likes it at the weekend 👍🏻👍🏻

Edit: stupiq q is that checkerplate on the fron wings and if so is it standard?

Attachments

• 0568704F-F42A-49FD-B488-FB67A32608B9.jpeg
    0568704F-F42A-49FD-B488-FB67A32608B9.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 825B8AE4-0423-43DD-B238-DE63D78F1427.jpeg
    825B8AE4-0423-43DD-B238-DE63D78F1427.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 20
Not seeing any that I can recall on the Isle of Wight, I was amazed on a resent trip to North York’s to see literally dozens of them visiting Helmsley for the day shopping.

That looks very very nice. Good colour too.
Friend had his delivered a few days ago and I’ll be catching up with him on how he likes it at the weekend 👍🏻👍🏻

Edit: stupiq q is that checkerplate on the fron wings and if so is it standard?
That's a higher spec model than mine, fully colour coding looks very nice! Those are the wheels I want to upgrade to when the time comes for new tyres, I think they really suit it. The one benefit of people 'kitting' them is availability of high spec wheels!

Yes is a plastic panel to the top of the wing in a matt finish. I would replace this with a smooth body panel if you could.

Not seeing any that I can recall on the Isle of Wight, I was amazed on a resent trip to North York’s to see literally dozens of them visiting Helmsley for the day shopping.
Yes I haven't seen many and only one on a farm with trailer behind.

Reactions: Ted
Yes is a plastic panel to the top of the wing in a matt finish. I would replace this with a smooth body panel if you could.
It’s nice - I like it. Probably better in aluminium 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Nice car OP. I'm coming round to the looks of the new Defender quicker than I thought I would. And the petrol engine is decent. Intending to stick with my old one for a while yet though. 20220309_195953.jpg

Interested to know how you find that 8 speed auto in the defender....

Nice car OP. I'm coming round to the looks of the new Defender quicker than I thought I would. And the petrol engine is decent. Intending to stick with my old one for a while yet though. View attachment 125828
Probably just as well if you actually use it off road....the new one is getting a bit of a rep in off road circles for being a bit "fragile".

Very lovely indeed especially with silver wheels.

Probably just as well if you actually use it off road....the new one is getting a bit of a rep in off road circles for being a bit "fragile".
Seem to remember Harry metcalfe's review was very good overall though...

In tribute [stylistically] to the old aluminium wing plates?
I wouldn't fancy standing on the top of this, it's probably strong enough just the cost risk!

Nice car OP. I'm coming round to the looks of the new Defender quicker than I thought I would. And the petrol engine is decent. Intending to stick with my old one for a while yet though.
Very impressed with the diesel so far, very quiet and smooth with ample torque. I don't think this is a replacement for solid axles! It would be inevitable that you'll pull a sensor or something.

Interested to know how you find that 8 speed auto in the defender....
Very good so far, better than the 9 speed in the Evoque that changes too much for my liking. It will hold gear and use the engine torque without changing down multiple gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom