Land Rover Defender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did you not see pics above ?
Yes i did, but he kept referring to a jeep, so was just a bit confused to what he had bought, a jeep as well as a landy or got his pics mixed up or as stated a weird stereotype thing.
Its like buying a new skoda and saying here is pics of my new merc

Nice motor, long may it keep looking like that, i got my jag coated with carbon collective ceramic coating too when i first got it just over a year ago now, i went for the molecule base coat and nero top coat to give a 7 year protection, i go over the panels every around 8 weeks with qyeon q2m cure to maintain the coating and so far there has been no noticable drop in performance

have you had a good look around the digital owners handbook, at handover i wasnt aware this existed and only found out afterwards Land Rover Owner Information

I love the new Defender. Looks unique in a sea of me too SUVs.

Hello,

Some proof I'm starting to use it as intended, usually found with some muck gathered from fields and sites.

The camera resolution is very good! It also zooms in closer as you get close to the hitch, makes it very easy. I haven't towed anything major so far but it does the job extremely well, you could easily forget you had a empty 17ft car transporter behind. It has a trailer function which I haven't explored yet.

Ignore the ropey trailer! Waited a month for this update, no wireless car play unless this updated.

First modification was to fit a set of genuine side steps, definitely makes getting in and out easier for shorter people. Overall a straight forward task, lots of clips to take off and plastic to cut. It could be made much easier from the factory. I think the silver works well with the bumpers and wheels overall.

With the ceramic coating, a good pressure washing will take most of the dirt off. A quick wash then brings it back to looking very shiny.

That brings me up to date, two months in and just under 4k miles so far.

Next up is a wheel cover for the back and maybe some lighting upgrades.

I think an awesome touch these have is the washer jet for the reversing camera

I have seen a few of these around with ridiculous looking "pannier bag" type things attached. What is that all about?!

This storage box?

IMG_4923Defender+MAIN2.jpg

Hello!

I thought this might be of some interest to people here. After a long time (almost a year) looking for a jeep I finally managed to get something that wasn't on the original list of choices. I was looking at Land Rover/Range Rover's and ML/GLE however the second hand market was just madness.

So here is my first ever new car a Defender D250 in Carpathian grey!

Pictures at the dealer on the first view:

Collection day three months on:

I've had the jeep for just two months now and covered 3.5k miles, will update with more pictures soon!

Thanks for looking.
I forgot to say congrats ! i like these.

I have seen a few of these around with ridiculous looking "pannier bag" type things attached. What is that all about?!
that would be the explorer pack with the ladder on the other side too, not forgetting the snorkel where you have to take the door off to fit

I forgot to say congrats ! i like these.
Thanks!

that would be the explorer pack with the ladder on the other side too, not forgetting the snorkel where you have to take the door off to fit
Yes it is actually useful but it's not in a great position, I can imagine it getting broken easily.
I like it too, but I can`t help thinking that I would have spent such money on a proven reliable vehicle such as a Toyota Land Cruiser.
Yes there's no doubt a very good choice but not for me, I test drove a new Hilux and Land Cruiser GX. They're not without engine issues either, friends on mine can vouch for and my uncles Land Cruiser is on its third engine and second gearbox.

If you go to the Aussie outback where vehicle failure can mean death......you wont find any LR products (well I saw none)......just Japanese gear everywhere....mainly new and old Land Cruisers and old Troopers with LOTS of Hilux pickups.

What's that old adage ...If you want to drive into the desert go in a Land Rover.

If you want to drive out again, go in a Toyota !

Obviously coined by a Land Crusier/Hilux fanboi but I must say my sister in laws Landcruiser faired much better towing the horseboxes and being used as a tractor to rake the paddocks than any of the subsequent JLR products she has since owned . including the 3 year old one that leaked coolant on to my drive a few months back , that one is in having it's engine replaced !!

But I digress and realise the LR v Toyota debate is as old as the companies themselves. I do like the look of this LR , handsome beast.

A quick update on mpg. This includes everything since new so a mix of driving and towing. Not that it makes much difference but I'm happy to see it on that side of 30!

Thought it was time for a quick update!

6 months and 7k miles into ownership all is going well so far, very impressed with the Defender, its exceeded my expectations.

The good and bad
+ Positives | Ride and engine/gearbox combo, tech, all round ability
- Not so good | Boot area is small for the overall size

Looks small in this company!

Natural habitat

I have had Land Rovers in my fleet continuously since the 1970's & currently have a Discovery 4.

I would like to migrate to a Defender but the narrow width of the rear, which won't take a pallet, and the side hung rear door really put me off.

NJSS

Thought it was time for a quick update!

6 months and 7k miles into ownership all is going well so far, very impressed with the Defender, its exceeded my expectations.

The good and bad
+ Positives | Ride and engine/gearbox combo, tech, all round ability
- Not so good | Boot area is small for the overall size

Looks small in this company!
have you had any issues or problems?

I have had Land Rovers in my fleet continuously since the 1970's & currently have a Discovery 4.

I would like to migrate to a Defender but the narrow width of the rear, which won't take a pallet, and the side hung rear door really put me off.

NJSS

Apparently a pallet will fit in the rear. That's my only disappointment is the rear space. You're bringing a trailer for large.

have you had any issues or problems?

It's been faultless so far.

Thanks 91dm

You are correct in saying that a euro pallet which is 1200 x 800 will fit - one way only.

Sadly the standard British pallet which is 1200 x 1000 won't fir either way.

NJSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom