LandRover Evoque

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That, or some seen around solihull possibly management cars for people working at the plant, in the same way you see lots of BMW/Mini in Oxford.

Nice looking cars, but the prices are crazy, a lightly used RR sport would be my choice in that price range.

Saw a lady driving a white one on the M4 between Bristol and Bath area today and wilst it generally looked good I thought the rear end bumper/bash panel/exhaust trim design was something that possibly a 5 year old knocked up.
Looked really cheap and could of been on the back of any Korean or Malaysian crossover wannabe.
Still I'm sure they will sell loads :)

Was passing LR garage so stopped to look at the Evoque. I have to admit it is far better in the flesh. In fact it's a stunning looking car. I'm very tempted when prices settle. :thumb:
Has anyone driven one yet?

I went to a pre-launch at Daylesford Farm. Drove one on my own for about 30 miles.......perfect car for ladies in the country what luncheon.

Mic

I had one on order and deposit paid - until i test drove the Freelander which has the same engine. Coming from my 4.2 Range Rover Sport the Freelander engine was absolutely gutless (but then it s 4 pot diesel)

Withdrew my order and deposit refunded. They look good, but the high mpg comes at the cost of being a bit less powerful than i am used to.

The one I ordered was also £42,000.

Hence the CLS now outside.....

Funny to see how both cars are getting some stick on the visuals - marmite thing, however i expect both will grow on people. Its nice to be different... ;)

Marc

It's an overpriced trendy looking Freelander with an RR badge on designed to appeal to overly fashion conscious women who don't have much knowledge or interest in cars, there's nothing wrong with that and I'm sure it will be a great seller and make LR a profit but if I was buying a new LR product I would want a proper Range Rover, preferably in 4.4 TDV8 form, not a tarted up Freelander.

Aren't all/most premium cars tarted up? After all what is a modern car, other than a steel body with plastic and leather inside. The customer buys on the interior/exterior design and finish. Do they really care or know what grade steel has been used or whether it's been shaped using pressings or more advanced technology?

This is why OEM love selling premium cars. Customers pay more for basically the same thing as lower down models.

There are of course exceptions to this when an OEM uses more expensive materials like aluminium, magnesium, carbon fibre, which then warrants a higher list price.

Premium car market "placement" is a weird thing really. It can work for you or against you as a manufacturer. This normally excludes the truly exclusive models for which volume doesn't count, but for models which despite what their makers would like us to believe have to sell in volume to be a success. :rolleyes: Witness Mercedes product placement of the GLK in the "Sex in the City" movie.:doh: Plant a butt-ugly car in a "girly" glamour movie may win market share but is just as likely to lose some buyers as gain new ones. :( The Evoke runs the distinct danger of becoming a " hairdressers car" like all "pretty" cars if there is no substance behind that good looking facade. :dk: Why couldn't Merc have made the GLK as good looking? The KIA Sportage beats em both hands down imho :cool:

We can't criticise JLR for platform sharing, not when the same engines are used in the Vito and the S class...

Bah, Land Rover lost the plot when they put carpets in the Range Rover. A luxury farmers vehicle? It'll never work.

It's an overpriced trendy looking Freelander with an RR badge on designed to appeal to overly fashion conscious women who don't have much knowledge or interest in cars.
I could be wrong? Pretty sure Top Gear mentioned the interior was designed by Victoria Beckam :confused:

One of my friends is picking up a new evoque in a couple of weeks time, fully loaded, well over £40k :eek:

VB was a 'design consultant'. I suspect this was more about brand association than technical design skills.

Saw a black one on Cavendish Square today and it looked superb, suddenly everything else looks very, very dated.
Well done to LR for having the balls to do something different.

VB "consulted" on the colour schemes and materials to be used in some versions. Don't think she could "design" a car interior if she tried!

VB was indeed a "consultant" - i..e did nothing but it works for the marketing bods.

I have a deposit on one of these due next March/April.

Yes they are expensive - £45k for the one I've ordered in 2.0 petrol turbo form. Here's the real kicker though. It cost the same on a 6k miles p.a. 4 yr lease as a c63 on a 10k miles p.a. on a 3 yr lease. Given the C63 comes in at at least £10k more expensive on lease this is giving me real food for thought hence why I joined these boards.

It looks modern and I can see why it will sell. Unfortunately my neighbour's new Freelander has spent most of it's time on a lorry heading back to the dealers. Seeing it repeatedly being trailered away has had an effect on me and I wouldn't dare put my money in one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom