LandRover Evoque

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Was passing LR garage so stopped to look at the Evoque. I have to admit it is far better in the flesh. In fact it's a stunning looking car. I'm very tempted when prices settle. :thumb:
Has anyone driven one yet?

I think it's only a year now. A customer of mine has 3 arriving this week so a little test drive must be taken when he gets them

I'm a huge Range Rover fan, but my word you need the warranty on all their vehicles.

Not driven, but I sat in both 2 and 4 door versions at Canary Wharf in the summer and was very impressed. If I was in the market for that type of car, it would be high on the list.

Evoque will be a massive hit in Russia with the Moscow dealers already having hundreds of orders! My wife worked on the advertising campaign there and it was geared directly to hip, cool young women! :D

Seen quite a few on the roads near me, I commute right past Solihull each day. They are very nice looking and I did price one up as a company car. The CO2 is a little on the high side but it was the wait that put me off ultimately. I don't want to be waiting 6 months for a car!

Seen quite a few on the roads near me, I commute right past Solihull each day.

Must be storing them there as they're made in Halewood, saw a load waiting for transporters last week.

On 11 March 2009, the UK government announced a £27 million grant to be made available to Land Rover for the production of an all-new model, subject to the conditions that the LRX is manufactured at its Halewood, Liverpool facility.

Daz

Strictly speaking it is badged a Range Rover Evoque - so it is part of the Sport , Range Rover lineup -this allows LR to put on the Range Rover Tax and ramp up prices
Or full title then! - Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

Saw one at Sandown last week thought it had been squashed, ugly and sort of pointless.

Prefer a proper range rover any day

Have you seen the prices! Basic model diesel auto with leather sat nav and not much else---about £35,000 It's easy to spec it into the £40,000+ price bracket --- for a Freelander :eek: Very poor all round visibility. The clincher for me - no full size spare wheel. Cheapskates! :wallbash: They will sell thousands of them.:rolleyes:

Saw a white one last week was a real head turning car so had a look into them briefly - for the price they're at with a good spec (£40k odd) I can't say I'd go for one considering what else you could get. That and the fact that the GL didn't cost much more than that as an ex-demo they're not worth it.

Warranty is an absolute necessity; know a guy who bought a few Range Rover Vogue SE's earlier in the year and sent them all back as they had inherent electrical issues which doesn't fill me with confidence on the Evoque.

Had a quick drive in an SD4 last weekend. Great engine, quiet and responsive. Handling impressively car like, little body roll either.

Inside it's very smart and actually quite spacious. My drive was with 4 other people (in a 5 door) and didn't feel too cramped when I had a turn in the back. The panoramic sunroof is a must, with the cover shut the interior did feel a bit dark.

Had lots of fancy options which are just toys really! All-round cameras which has wow factor but of no use, ambient lighting (didn't test as was in the day) and the split screen view TV.

In the flesh looks a lot lot smaller than you'd ever imagine. Especially when next to a Range Rover. The back is raised up a lot too, which doesn't come across in photos.

Good luck getting one, waiting lists at my dealer was 8 months, which according to this site is about normal - Range Rover Evoque reviews | carbuzz.co.uk

Other thing to note is the colours. Saw one in all white which imho looked awful. With a two tone scheme, with different color roof it looks so much better. Lowers the whole look of the car and makes it stand out a lot more. Other thing is the grilles on the higher spec cars make it look a lot meaner, a good thing in my book :thumb:

(photo in all white -
2012-Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-White-Side-View-5.jpg

That photo of it in White looks as though someone sat on it. :D

Agree it's overpriced.

But doesn't stop me liking it. :D.

My son is one of the JLR development engineers, a lot more effort is being put in to make sure their cars are right since the sell off.

Because of his job I get can get a BIG discount off of JLR cars and was very tempted by the XF, Evoque was also on my list and did have a good look at one at Gaydon but the 1 year wait put me off. In the end bought a MB, what more can I say!

Was sad to hear about the death of a factory worker at the Merseyside plant. Wonder if they were on the Evoque line.

Their at Solihull for rectification work, windows in the back are far to small imo.

Shame about the 1 year wait - I was quite looking forward to seeing how many I pull out of the snow with my proper Land Rover :D

Their at Solihull for rectification work, windows in the back are far to small imo.

...errh, are you serious? They're rectifying cars that have barely hit the road? Oh, of course, we're talking Landrovers here aren't we - the only cars that everyone and his dog loves, even though there is a universal expectation that they will go wrong!:doh::doh:.

For me, "wouldn't touch" and "barge pole" come to mind:dk:

Saw one at Sandown last week thought it had been squashed, ugly and sort of pointless. Prefer a proper range rover any day

That photo of it in White looks as though someone sat on it.

To my eye it looks ridiculous but good luck to them

I did pose the question back in July - Who sat on the Evoque? Was jumped on from a great height by LR afficionados...lol:dk:

Many, if not all OEM rework early cars coming off the production line.

Conversely, Rolls Royce cars (before new BMW model) were reworking cars for most of their production life. Some people call it hand craftsmanship, others just know as manufacturing with worn out tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom