Landsail gone in 10k miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nicebutdim

Car
E320 cdi avantgarde 2007. Honda Goldwing GL1800. 1975 Norton 850 Commando. 1975 Suzuki GT750.
Had a set of landsail tyres fitted to my e320 18 months ago.

mot is coming up so decided to check tyres. Was surprised to find that the rears are down to the wear bars in just 10k miles. Fronts still like new.

i like them and have already ordered identical replacements. had no problems with them at all. Great in the wet, even torrential rain no problems. I dont consider that i drive hard. But 10k is surprising. Must be a really soft compound.

Had a set of landsail tyres fitted to my e320 18 months ago.

mot is coming up so decided to check tyres. Was surprised to find that the rears are down to the wear bars in just 10k miles. Fronts still like new.

i like them and have already ordered identical replacements. had no problems with them at all. Great in the wet, even torrential rain no problems. I dont consider that i drive hard. But 10k is surprising. Must be a really soft compound.
I’ve been impressed with the Nexen Nfera that I’ve got on both cars which were crazy good value from Camskill/Tyreleader

10K life ? if the OP was happy with their performance during that 10K miles then its all down to how much he paid for them in the first place. 10K life with excellent performance is great value if the cost..let's say £150 a pair, not so good if they were carp for the whole of the 10K and cost £450.

It's all relative.

Edit

My wife got 10 k from the Michelin PS4s on the rear of her Eclass. I have no explanation.....

I've used landsails on my taxi for last few years, average around 28000 miles each.

10k miles is a bit poor lifetime tbh so I don’t get it why would you order the same pair again. :dk:

The fronts are still like new. I like to run identical tyres on all 4 corners. Much cheaper to put two new ones on the rear than replace all 4. Approx £140 fitted for the pair.

The fronts are still like new. I like to run identical tyres on all 4 corners. Much cheaper to put two new ones on the rear than replace all 4. Approx £140 fitted for the pair.

If your car doesn't have a staggered setup, then have the wheels rotated back-to-front at every service (after you've replaced the worn tyres)

If your car doesn't have a staggered setup, then have the wheels rotated back-to-front at every service (after you've replaced the worn tyres)

I did have it in mind to rotate the wheels to even out the wear but on this occasion i was caught out by the rapid wear rate. I shall be keeping a much keener eye in future.

The fronts are much easier to monitor as the car will often be parked with the steering turned revealing much of the tread. To inspect the rears meant getting on all 4s and sticking my head under the rear.

I had the same on my E Class. I got a bit more mileage than that out of them, but not by much. I think they're quite a soft compound.
I’ve just bought another set for the rears as the fronts still have 5.5mm in them. I’ll see how they wear. I’ve had contis, good years, on this car and the Michelin’s have worn the quickest by far.
She literally does the school run and shops , the car doesn’t do a lot of work.

Land sail are pretty low butget so it doesn’t surprise me that the power in an E320 has eaten through them.

as noted above though, if they’ve suited your driving style, and they’re cheap as chips, then maybe 10k/cost is ok.

Nicebutdim can i ask what size you fitted ? . My Landsail cost £180 for four tyres all in,, size was 2o5 x 60 x 15 . No more expensive rubber to sit on the drive to go tits up . Last set of Avons cost a fair bit .and that split in less than 4.000 miles but they were 4 years old .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom