Laptop dying / slow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

portzy

MB Enthusiast
Car
An SLK R171 with lots of toys and a Golf Plus for fishing.
Hello folks.

Last night Mrs P decided to load the new software from Talk Talk broadband into her old laptop. She did not remove any of the BT stuff which we had previousley and she also loaded, from the new disc, other new/newer? firewall items in addition to those which were already there also the BT modem was left connected.

On trying to "re-start", the system only gets as far as user account select, ie either Dave or Chris, it will then go no further despite any amount of button pushing or turning on/off will make the machine go any further than the above.

Its an IE Systems lap top, about three years old, any ideas?, she's contemplation calling into Curries the ask there repairs people to have a look but.......

Thanks.
Portzy.

That varies from computer to computer. According to the windows help on my computer (with Windows XP) hit the function key F8 during startup.

At worst if you have Windows XP you could try using "SYSTEM RESTORE" to a point in time just before you installed the new software. At least you get your computer back!

DieselE said:
That varies from computer to computer. According to the windows help on my computer (with Windows XP) hit the function key F8 during startup.

Thanks, I call home and give it a go.

Portzy.

Thanks folks. Its working perfectly now, Mrs P got it sorted with a mixture of safe start and system restore. Just realised, you'll know that because I'm posting doh! :rolleyes:

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom