Laptop Films Through TV ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ROBB

Car
2001 W203 C220 CDI Estate (Rare Manual!)
So i recently discover Blinkbox, and get a load of stuff to watch for free.
I cannot abide watching films on the laptop so i bought a VGA/RGB lead to plug into the side of my TV (a la Wii / Gamecube etc); but i cannot get it to work :( :wallbash::wallbash:

Has anyone achieved this ???

Cheers
rob

Yeah, I bought two Dell Studio's with RGB/VGA out and HDMI out, both of which my series 7 samsung accepts.

You can get USB to RCA or RGB, if you want. Not sure there are many VGA to RGB. I'll have a look in my leads box. If I have one you are welcome to it.

You can get USB to RCA or RGB, if you want. Not sure there are many VGA to RGB. I'll have a look in my leads box. If I have one you are welcome to it.

Thanks Mr Bear - I have a VGA to RGB lead but cannot get any display on the TV :eek:

Thanks Mr Bear - I have a VGA to RGB lead but cannot get any display on the TV :eek:

then set monitor 2 on the laptop to the TV NATIVE DISPLAY PANEL RESOLUTION

Check its enabled and also set to PAL and not NTFS. Make sure your TV is looking at the correct input AV connector ALSO .

Hi Robb

What Laptop do you own? Some laptops have a dedicated "Fn" key where you hold Fn and the relevant button to swap between various display settings. This should tell your laptop to send the relevant signal to the TV. Otherwise, right click your desktop and click either "Nvidia Control Panel" (If you have a Nvidia) or settings... It's really difficult to explain without knowing your operating system and laptop make.

Try getting a teenager to help you... ;)

Good luck to you.

Last time I asked a similar Q admin staff here were less than helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom