laptop to HD Panasonic TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alzieboy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E350CDI Coupe
I would like to connect my Acer Aspire 5732Z laptop to my HD Panasonic TV. The laptop does not have HDMI socket, the TV does. Can i get a HDMI to USB cable and would this work, fed up watching BT Sport on the Laptop !!!. any help gratefully received :thumb:

Hi

Yes I have googled , just needed someone to help out with my limited IT skills, also found that I may need VGA to VGA cable instead , think I will take laptop to maplins along with photo of my TV sockets see what cable they suggest :bannana:

Yes the USB to HDMI would work best. If you use standard VGA or DVI you will still be limited to hearing the audio only on the laptop as opposed to via the TV

If you use VGA you be limited by the display resolution of your graphics chip [ onboard graphics] which means you might not get the quality of picture you hope.

I've been investigating something along similar lines for my "father of the bride" speech, but using my Nexus 7 2nd gen tablet wireless. Wonder if this would also do what you want.

Netgear PTV3000, which HDMI's into the back of the TV, then Miracast on the laptop. No cables between the laptop and the TV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom