Laptops and Cups of tea do not mix....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gina2201

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4 Quattro Avant S-Line
This is the second time I have spilt tea on my laptop, first time was a while ago I threw a cup of tea over the keyboard. Luckily, quickly turning it upside down and drip drying was all that was needed.​

Today (or rather, just now :rolleyes: ) I have spilt some tea on the bottom corner of my screen, and it has spread enormously underneath the screen, laptop works fine with no apparent ill effects. Will this dry out and disappear or will I need to live with it or sort it out?:eek:

laptop.jpg

It MIGHT dry but could leave a stain.
Best to strip the screen out and wash with water, then dry before replacing back into the unit.

Must be a gurl thing...:devil: ....Mrs IA2 has done that to two of my lappies. :eek: Grrr....:mad:

I spilt a can of 7-up into a 4 day-old laptop.

Total loss.

I now have a table beside (and lower than) my desk, for drinks.

An expensive lesson to learn.

The patch has definitely got smaller over the course of the day! :D

Not something I could do myself, might try and get my housemate to have a look (he is a computer tech so a pretty safe bet!):D

:eek: ooh Gina, that looks pretty catastrophic! i hope your wet patch clears up ok :D

i don't know what it is, but whenever i've got a drink in my hand with the lappie open, i always get this intense desire to just throw it at the poor thing! :p (perhaps my inner child is fighting hard to come out :devil: ).

**wanders off to pour a drink - must remember to sit on my hands when i return**

are you serious?

Yes.
I wasn't talking about puting it in the bath, but cleaning electronic components after a drenching with liquids is common in some arenas. As long as it's perfectly dry before power is applied it shouldn't be a problem.

If water is going to harm it, think what tea is.?

Last edited:
I was thinking like using alchohol to clean of the water. and let it vaporise, or isopropyl cleaner.

Last edited:
The blob is significantly smaller today......might see how it goes, it may dry out by itself?! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom