Larger home extensions: Neighbour consultation scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you fall within the size limits, these are the key bits:

"The local authority will serve a notice on adjoining owners or occupiers,
i.e. those who share a boundary, including to the rear."

"If any adjoining neighbour raises an objection within the 21-day period, the
local authority will take this into account and make a decision about
whether the impact on the amenity of all adjoining properties is acceptable.
No other issues will be considered."

In my case that is going to be a grand total of three people, all of whom I have already spoken to and are happy.

Mrs Enviro-Babble down the road with her constant objections to anything and everything within three miles can get stuffed

Neighbours :rolleyes:.

I presented my extension plans to my then new neighbour.

He said "I'll stop you building that".

Did he?

Some chance :cool:.

Tosser.

Local Authorities are going to love this - consultation process & decisions to make - and no fee!

Neighbours :rolleyes:.

I presented my extension plans to my then new neighbour.

He said "I'll stop you building that".

Did he?

Some chance :cool:.

Tosser.

Sounds like you broke rules no 1, 2 and 3 on location, location, location ;)

Sounds like you broke rules no 1, 2 and 3 on location, location, location ;)

It's more that he's a miserable old f*ckwit whose house was an infill in land that used to belong to our house.

His valley is very green.

It's more that he's a miserable old f*ckwit whose house was an infill in land that used to belong to our house.

His valley is very green.

He must feel inadequate stuck between you and your neighbours...and look at the cars...your extension looks bigger than his house!!

He must feel inadequate stuck between you and your neighbours...and look at the cars...your extension looks bigger than his house!!

It's not just us - the previous owners had the flat garage roof replaced and, for the detailing at the edge, they had to lie on the roof and work overhand - he wouldn't let them use his side entrance.

During our build the police were going to arrest him for breach of the peace, on a couple of occasions.

Isn't there an obligation on neighbours to allow you access to their property to maintain your property if needed?

Isn't there an obligation on neighbours to allow you access to their property to maintain your property if needed?
May depend on the title deeds when the properties were built but pretty normal on houses all built at the same time.?

We had a party wall award, which is why, when he locked off the side gate, the police, who initially said it was a civil matter, became involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom