Laser eye surgery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m2287

MB Enthusiast
Car
E63 AMG
Anyone else on here had it done?

I had mine done yesterday with ultralase.

Impressed doesnt even begin to describe...The whole procedure takes around 45 minutes from walking in to the building to walking out. 24 hours later and I have better than 20.20 vision!!!!!

Had mine done by ultralase 3 years ago, best thing I've ever done. Was a little un-nerving at the time though.

Glad it all went well for you (both) but I've seen too many that haven't gone so well to ever contemplate having it done.

At least if the optician gets my glasses prescription wrong, I can go back and get another pair of glasses, with no detrimental effect on my vision.

Last edited:
I have developed short sight in in my 50's. I am told that this is perfectly normal but I do require reading glasses. I wanted my eyes lasered but have been told I am not a suitable candidate. No idea why? I need 1.5 lenses to read. apart from that my vision is fine.

I have often thought of getting this done but have always been too apprehensive(or chicken). I keep thinking about the consequences if it should go wrong. How much does it cost now anyway?

So here I am reading this thread and the ad at the top of the forum is for.......... Laser eye surgery. Spooky.

I have developed short sight in in my 50's. I am told that this is perfectly normal but I do require reading glasses. I wanted my eyes lasered but have been told I am not a suitable candidate. No idea why? I need 1.5 lenses to read. apart from that my vision is fine.

IIRC age related conditions are not suitable because the condition will continue to deteriorate and the laser surgery would need to be repeated again and again...

So here I am reading this thread and the ad at the top of the forum is for.......... Laser eye surgery. Spooky.

There are ads at the top of the forum?

Glad it all went well for you (both) but I've seen too many that haven't gone so well to ever contemplate having it done.

At least if the optician gets my glasses prescription wrong, I can go back and get another pair of glasses, with no detrimental effect on my vision.

Can you tell me horror storys please?! Just out of curiosity more than anything!

The price depends on what type of surgery you have done. You can bargain with them though. I got a very good deal with mine I think.

Can you tell me horror storys please?! Just out of curiosity more than anything!

The price depends on what type of surgery you have done. You can bargain with them though. I got a very good deal with mine I think.

My work colleague had his eyes done, Harley Street no less, his right eye became infected and he ended up in intensive care, critically ill. His vision in that eye is still only 20% of what it was prior to the op.

Another acquaintance had surgery but her vision was significantly worse afterwards and now wears the equivalent of re-entry shields for glasses.

Anyone else on here had it done?

I had mine done yesterday with ultralase.

Impressed doesnt even begin to describe...The whole procedure takes around 45 minutes from walking in to the building to walking out. 24 hours later and I have better than 20.20 vision!!!!!

Did it hurt? Someone told me her daughters had it done and they both said it was really painful afterwards and nobody had warned them.

They showed this op once on "How it's made" and I couldn't watch it.:eek:

Glad you're pleased with it though.:thumb:

Some conditions such as diabeties, cataracts ect, rule out laser eye surgey.

I have often thought of getting this done but have always been too apprehensive(or chicken). I keep thinking about the consequences if it should go wrong. How much does it cost now anyway?

Mine came to £2700, but has a lifetime guarantee should I ever need anything.

Did it hurt? Someone told me her daughters had it done and they both said it was really painful afterwards and nobody had warned them.

They showed this op once on "How it's made" and I couldn't watch it.:eek:

Glad you're pleased with it though.:thumb:

I was told it would hurt for 4-6 hours when I got home. It did but I just took some pain killers and went to bed and it was fine.

My work colleague had his eyes done, Harley Street no less, his right eye became infected and he ended up in intensive care, critically ill. His vision in that eye is still only 20% of what it was prior to the op.

Another acquaintance had surgery but her vision was significantly worse afterwards and now wears the equivalent of re-entry shields for glasses.

Thats not good... Hopefully I do fine with the recovery process. Thanks for sharing.

Hmmm - I've thought about it.
Been short sighted for years, but told that eyeballs change shape in your 50's so I hoped that it maight all cure itself.
Sure enough, optician recommends varifocals for long & short sight.
Short sighted is not too bad - 1.50 ish
Correction for close work is minus 1.50 ish
So they are adjucting the bottom of the lens to clear glass:dk:

I went for the varifocals about 3 yrs ago and didn't really get on with them. Still sit watching telly & reading the paper at the same time, dropping the glasses on to see the screen & moving them up to read the paper.

New eye test about 9 months ago, eyes fractionally worse so went for some new varifocals.
Still dont get on with them:mad:
So I have a cheap internet pair for watching telly, varifocals in the car, & cheap internet pair for occasional close up use.

I would like to go for the laser surgery, but I don't know if they can cure varifocal vision and occasionally you hear the scare stories when things go wrong

I would like to go for the laser surgery, but I don't know if they can cure varifocal vision and occasionally you hear the scare stories when things go wrong

Ultralase will give you a free consultation, should put your mind at rest.

Yea I look like something out of a sci-fi film :/!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom