Last Carbon Fiber Mod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
Well this is my final CF mod to my car a CF roof spoiler that completes all the exterior mods done - CF wing mirror covers, CF door pillars, CF front spoiler, CF boot spoiler and CF trim over chrome.

Final job will be Kleemann performance kit to fit, which Olly will do for me - almost there. Oh Yes, and put my Kleemann TS-7 wheels back on next week.

CFRoof1.jpg

CFRoof2.jpg

CFRoof3.jpg

Last edited:
How is that fitted mate? Is there something like that available for the W202? The rieger one is a little big and covers part of the rear window.

How is that fitted mate? Is there something like that available for the W202? The rieger one is a little big and covers part of the rear window.

It is fitted to rear screen with some uratheane glass bond. A 1mm bead was applied all round the bottom of spoiler stuck then taped and left overnight. This morning it was set and is rock hard probably need a sledgehammer to take it off. When in the car you cannot see any part of the spoiler through the rear view mirror.

Never seen CF one for the W202, although you may be able to get one made up for you from Taiwan. I think i have seen some fibreglass ones on ebay for W202, which need painting body colour. If i see anything i will let you know.

So using the urethane glass bond, it sticks it solid as I've heard of some stories of it flying off while travelling at speed..... Thanks for your help

So using the urethane glass bond, it sticks it solid as I've heard of some stories of it flying off while travelling at speed..... Thanks for your help

Think thats were people have fitted it and not waited for the bond to set properly, or driven it while its wet and allowed moisture to get under the bond. It took two of us to ensure that the fitment was correct on both sides and fitted flat on the glass, as the spoiler was not a perfect fit lifted up on one corner. If someone attempted to fit this on there own i can well imagine the spoiler flying off at speed.

Very nice, where can you buy them, would it fit a w209 CLK?

Russ

Very nice, where can you buy them, would it fit a w209 CLK?

Russ

Thanks. Check ebay - in search bar type in carbon fiber for mercedes - can't say i have seen a CF one for CLK. Not sure if W203 and W209 have same rear screen size?

hello

is that badge straight? looks like its going a bit up hill...

Like the spoiler though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom