Last day to beat the fuel duty increase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
I wondered why the stations were all packed when I filled up tonight. Never even thought about it - and the queue almost put me off fillin gup as I wasn't really desperate! Glad I did now.

Even when/if the underlying cost of oil ever decreases it is VERY unlikely we will ever see fuel costs decrease to pre-oil-increase prices - the companies have all got far too attached to charging it and most people used to paying it. The government promised to bring in measures to level the price of fuel but so far have done nothing - and never actually said at what level they would set it!

Fear not, I imagine many are still open over the week-end.

My wallet thanks you webmorgan.

Know that im part of the 'system', but i really have had enough of tax hikes!!

Having just done my year-end accounts/paperwork I note that diesel in Jan cost locally £1.099 and now it's £1.289 - a whopping rise of 17%. It will go up even further following the duty and VAT rise - tax on tax!!:mad:

My other half is working hard for peanuts and wont be home till early hours.

I cant see my sick newphew because im ill and it seems that cos some folks cant wash thier hands NO ONE is allowed to visit the hospital

Im at home, alone, eating a curry that is so so so hot with the intention to burn the bug out my guts so I cn get up at 3am and go to work to earn more money to put in the NSH parking machine when im eventuly allowed to vist.

And you think that knowing derv has gone up 17% is OK:doh:

:D:D:D:D:D

I'm going on the rob, seems to be the only way!

It's a good job we've all received 17% pay rises and that the HMRC fuel allowances have also been increased. Doh!

But it is of small relief that I expect to do less business miles in 2011 than in 2010.

edit: filling up this w/e will make a small dent in my annual fuel bill. Maybe £1 or so. I'll fill up when I next need it and not waste my time queuing, if that's the alternative.

Last edited:
Our local garage has unleaded at 1.31 and diesel at 1.34 and that's before any increase. Fuel in France and Germany now is currently around the 1.5 Euro mark. Great advice to fill up this weekend.

£75 to fill the SLK today, pre rise. Gone up a bit from the 5.5p/litre when I first had a car, would have been £3.20...

It's a good job we've all received 17% pay rises and that the HMRC fuel allowances have also been increased. Doh.

Totally agree! All increases, including cost of living rises at my work have been frozen all year and don't see it changing next year to be honest.

And everything is on the increaee - food, fuel, gas/electricity - this country really is a hole, and if I could I would leave it in an instant!

£75 to fill the SLK today, pre rise. Gone up a bit from the 5.5p/litre when I first had a car, would have been £3.20...

At the risk of going all.....eeeeee when I were a lad........... I could fill my first car up for just under £1........did have a small tank mind, but I seem to recall a gallon of petrol was much the same price as a pint of beer!

Thanks though to the OP 'cos I've nipped out and filled up just now :bannana:

Both cars filled up this afternoon.
The price of fuel is horrendous.

I have an idea- the bigger the engine- lower the price of fuel so it evens up with smaller engines.
Example- anything over 3L pays 50p per litre, between 2 & 3L £1 per litre and everything below 2L pays £1.50 a litre.
Who's with me???!!!:devil:

Bring back rationing. If you want to blow it all on a V12 over 2000 miles, that's your choice.

Bring back rationing. If you want to blow it all on a V12 over 2000 miles, that's your choice.

That might actually work for me.. :)

But, back to the OP - Scooby filled today, Merc and Panda both filled in the last couple of weeks and on about 3/4 each. As ready as I can be..

Cheers,

Gaz

Filled the "new" car today, 120p, soon to be 125 or more!

The queue was massive though, surprised the garage hadn't sold out by 4pm (queues were all afternoon).

I ain't wasting part of my life sitting in a long queue, burning fuel, to save £3 on £100 of fuel as a one time exercise.

Instead, I have a rather large Highland Park 18yo in front of me.

Slainthe !

I filled up while I was out today. Don't normally look at the price-per-litre, but made a point of doing so - it was 131.9p for Shell V-Power. Can't recall it ever being higher than that, and it'll interesting to see what they're charging on Tuesday.

Petrol station was all-but deserted, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom