Last Hope - W245 B Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikewith

Car
B class W245 180CDI 2010
Long story short, we got absolutely ripped off on a 2010 W245 B Class 180CDI.

Tons of work done attempting repair (mostly not paid by us)., but the car was sold with faults and no anti freeze, no suprise the head gasket blew.

After a 9 month repair (due to covid) we got it back refurb turbo, new glow plugs, fuel filter, head gasket fixed and many other repairs. There is no reason to doubt the garage who did the work as they were independent.

From day 1 of ownership the car had an issue when warmed up, where the idle could fluctuate when reaching traffic lights.

We got the car back and it drove great (the above issue still happened occassionally), but also on initial start up these was a puff of white smoke and smell of fuel.

We drove the car for about 800 miles without issue, but on start up the other day there was no power there. This continued for a few days until I tried giving it some revs, still no power, but it revved over 3000. However the EML then came on too.

It has been diagnosed as a MAF fault and / or EGR valve on the diagnostic, but before I throw more money at this, does this sound familiar to anyone?

My mate in the garage suggests it could be an endless fault hunt, and to just cut my losses.

This is my last hope before We Buy Any Car.

What is the mileage on your B-Class?

I had a 2010 B-Class (petrol) which was trouble-free, only had to replace the signal indicator on the door mirror.

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom