Last nights Brit awards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
With one eye over my shoulder at the other thread.........

Talking of value for money Tv I thought the Brit awards last night was the most awful load of utter rubbish i've seen for a long time. The presenter bloke was dreadful and the whole thing an utter waste of light. I exercised my option and ceased watching it after just a few minutes.

Just pleased that my small contribution via the licence fee wasn't wasted on it! If i'd been an advertiser during the commercials I'd want my money back!

The Dragons Den on BBC2 though was cracking!

Trouble is Alfie, we none of us are getting younger and the Brit awards are for the younger generation, even my 28year old son thought it was cr@p:D :D

I have to say , I watched the Brits ( Mrs Toad has flu too and has comandeered the second sofa and hence the remote controls ) ....

I personally don't like Russell Brand , but he made me chuckle a few times although I was online at the same time and not paying much attention.

Didn't think the acts were great , Oasis were Ok but let themselves down by Liam messing around with his singing , missing off letters and not singing properly, presumably because he thought it would be a 'laff' ...

Fairly inoffensive background viewing, but I would have been disappointed if i had stayed in that evening to watch it ( like my gay friend Richard did ;) ) ...

I personally don't like Russell Brand , but he made me chuckle a few times although I was online at the same time and not paying much attention.
He can be funny be can sometimes over stretch it a bit. Regardless he's a better presenter than Sam Fox, despite using the same fashion advisor, hair stylist, and photographer:

sam_fox_dressing_room.jpg
-1.jpg

:D

They had one of those Swarovski encrusted microphones that one of the members on here sells .....

Looked cool :cool:

Saw about 2-3 minutes before heading off to the pub. From what I have seen recently the British pop scene at present is a triumph of publicity/ hype over talent, and my brief glimpse of the Brit Awards just confirmed that. :eek: And Britain is not alone. Witness the show stoppers of the Golden Globes Awards in the States recently . Three old codgers known as "The POLICE" :crazy: :rock:

I actually thought that the Sam Fox / Mick Fleetwood hosted event (Hilarious it was) was far better than last nights efforts.

The Russell Bland bloke made some awful jokes that were not even funny and there were too many crude / drugs related references. He is mediocre at best and not worthy of being a presenter. His talent if any was not present last night.

:D It didn't appeal, so I didn't watch it? How weird is that? :devil: :D

At the moment I'm watching Gene Hackman in 'March or Die'

Regards,
John

I am on holidays at the moment, but did see a couple of pics of Amy Winehouse.

They might have been touched up a bit, but - phwoar! :)

I am on holidays at the moment, but did see a couple of pics of Amy Winehouse.

They might have been touched up a bit, but - phwoar! :)

You are kidding aren't you Scott ? :crazy:

She is a proper monster , she has a face like a bag of spanners .....

Put me off my Belgian Bun now ..... :(

I tried listening to the charts last Sunday. NOTHING interesting. NOTHING. Maybe it's an age thing. Like you say it's probably a market more for kids.

Well, I did the same as I always do when I don't like something, I switched it off!

Am I alone in thinking Russel Brand's look will not age well?

You are kidding aren't you Scott ? :crazy:

She is a proper monster , she has a face like a bag of spanners .....

Put me off my Belgian Bun now ..... :(

Totally agree Howard.

Having heard her speak I know why she has the word 'Whine' in her name!

reading the paper today most of the so called celebraties were given £15000 goodie bags to attend,aftershave,perfume,nokia mobile phones,airline travel vouchers,what is going on with modern society

And the younger generation wonder why I listen to Radio 2 :crazy:

Scissor sisters were great, Russel Brand made some innappropriate jokes especially about the American friendly fire killing people - not funny for the families of our squaddies who's sons/daughters are getting killed.

I dont think Gallagher did sing funny, I think hes just an a**ehole who cant actually sing - I like his brother though.

Joss Stone is an embarrassment and how can it be the 2007 Brits when we're only into Feb?

OOOk I tell you what lets make song about poverty and war and make another mint off the general public.

Who me synical... if rock and roll was in their blood and thats all they want to do pay them dole wages and see if they do it...

So I downloaded a 2 hour special 24 from USA and watched it - it was fab.

Well I am 23 and couldn't be a**sed to watch it does that mean I am getting old??:( :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom