Last nights high winds, have done some damage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st4

Banned
Car
C220cdi tourer
Last night winds hear peaked at 90mph. Sustained high winds for around 12hours have meant Hurricane Bawbag is back, and its back with a vengance.

Blocked driveway

DSC_0328.jpg

Crushed gate

DSC_0337.jpg

Havoc

DSC_0366.jpg

Debris

DSC_0357.jpg

Old Scots pine tree down

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

Get the butler and the maidservant to sort it out Steve....keep those nails clean :D.

One of our fences came down, along with the small wall it was attached to that edges the raised patio :(

it was old and needed replacing anyway but i was hoping it would hold before the house sold.... now i must fix asap :(

Hope The Shed did not turn into a log store Steve.

Not far off, and the drive is blocked from tree's fallen over.

Its going in tomorrow or Thursday to get repaired from the inlet port issue
One of our fences came down, along with the small wall it was attached to that edges the raised patio :(

it was old and needed replacing anyway but i was hoping it would hold before the house sold.... now i must fix asap :(

The storms are headed your way this PM. Hope you get it sorted soon and good luck with the sale, it seems you are set for what we discussed last curry night?

The rain, driven by the high winds flooded our reception building last night. Power is now restored, most things are working again, but our Credit Card terminal is a casualty, and we now have to wait for a new one to be delivered before our customers can pay us!

The storms are headed your way this PM. Hope you get it sorted soon and good luck with the sale, it seems you are set for what we discussed last curry night?

we had it worst thismorning and this is when the fence gave up the ghost.

no house sale so far either.... hopefully buyers will start looking again once the new year is in full swing.

That was some tree...before it fell Steve...how long was the road blocked for?

I've returned home from work today to find two destroyed fence panels and the garden re-arranged.

That was some tree...before it fell Steve...how long was the road blocked for?

I spoke with a farmer passing through who is into tree's. He counted the rings and reckoned over 90 years old.

Road was blocked for a good couple of hours.

The old Scots pine tree that is down is another sad loss, you always could see it heading up Sinclair Street.

Bloody windy right now, SW10 London! And to think I landed in this on Tues - plane was getting tossed about like mad but the landing was so smooth in those gusts that you didn't feel it hit the ground - incredible piloting on that Malév flight (and the pilot looked very young!)

Some of my softest landings have been in the stormiest weather! I guess the pilots are being even more careful?

Landing in Budapest with lighter (but still fierce) winds was scary to say the least (the very same plane!), hard landing, plane bounced (having been tossed around in the air while a snow storm raged on approach, turning to rain in the last 5 mins). Maybe it's a combination of pilot, weather and care? But the wind is howling mercilessly in the courtyard!

I'm watching the Christmas tree lights reflected in the patio doors bowing in and out! Stronger winds than before, just hope the solar panels hang on the roof!!

unberthed a ship in 65mph winds; that was hard work... but what a rush ;-)

Its an ill wind.

I think I will go for a trawl with the chainsaw,

see if I can pick up some winter wood.

... just hope the solar panels hang on the roof!!

I was wondering about that - there are some big arrays on houses around us. I gather with a roof or a gable the big danger is the vaccuum created rather the wind blowing them off or down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom