Last of the proper AMG's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Funny, I'd suggest that is actually the first of the modern AMG's being offered after AMG had become a subsidiary of MB.

Could you walk into a Mercedes Dealer and order one of these?

That aside, it shows how things have progressed in 20 years.

At around 280hp this was a fast car. Look what a current AMG C Class produces.

EDIT:- I just read that these were disassembled C280 that were finished and taken off the production line then built by AMG so I guess you are right that it was the last real one.

The C43AMG came ready made on a production line, so that would be the first of the new ones I guess.

Last edited:
The 280bhp in the '36 felt faster than the 306bhp in the '43 but that's possibly more down to its revvy nature.

I owned both models at the same time and id go for the C43 if I had a long journey ahead and the C36 if I just wanted to go out for a blast.

Both great cars but for me, and because it was my first AMG, the C36 just shades it.

Cool car, been up for sale forever and a day.

Like the C43 on here, these 202's take their time in finding new keepers.

Only just realised that this was actually my old C36!!!

Last of proper AMG is W204 C63 from here on in its downhill.

Oh and this C43 tripe they are knocking out! Jeeeezzzzz!

"Metaphorically speaking, to open a can of worms is to examine or attempt to solve some problem, only to inadvertently complicate it and create even more trouble. Literally speaking, opening a can of worms, as most fishermen can attest, can also mean more trouble than you bargained for."

This very c36 is currently for sale, it was at Benz on the green and is quite tatty in the flesh.

This very c36 is currently for sale, it was at Benz on the green and is quite tatty in the flesh.

Which bits are tatty?

To be honest this took my eye
i saw that it was a members old car and watched and read his sale post
looks very nice in the pics but we all know the camera hides all the dodgy parts!
was good to see this thread as i wont waste my time ;)
im sure he paid circa 3500 and has it up for 4k ish now and its been off road for a few years too....

To be honest this took my eye
i saw that it was a members old car and watched and read his sale post
looks very nice in the pics but we all know the camera hides all the dodgy parts!
was good to see this thread as i wont waste my time ;)
im sure he paid circa 3500 and has it up for 4k ish now and its been off road for a few years too....

I think he paid much less than that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom