Last of the summer..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
Here we are at the end of another sweltering hot summer , and no doubt many of you completed all your planned Mercedes projects . More likely , you did not get around to them, and now face some cold winter work in your garage . What repairs/mods have you carried out this summer, and what plans for the winter ? DIY or pay someone else?

Just some winter detailing/ protection for me.

Fortunately I have a garage which is large enough to do this indoors.

Snow showers forcast for this weekend already!

well i have put off my green estate's diff mounts for far too long, but i feel i may continue to do so until next year now!!!

i want to clean the interior properly in both cars

i also need to replace a broken rear spring in the silver estate before the MOT in Jan.

i have a garage but its not very big in size and is hard to manouver the W124 into, plus the SL is outside when i am in there.

Winter tyres are in post. Cars had a full winter protection detail. Without either of those I wouldn't survive driving below 7c

SilverSaloon looks to have the worst job , changing springs. I think i must have hit a psychological barrier upon reaching 60 earlier this year. I need to do quite a few fiddly jobs with the SL , but cannot seem to find the motivation to get out in the garage. I booked a day off for tomorrow some time ago, as this will be the last Friday that the car is taxed until next year. . Had planned to have a lovely day driving over the moors and around the Somerset levels. So i am solely responsible for the sharp drop in temperature.

The Merc needs a o/s lower ball joint and then at least tracking but more likely 4 wheel alignment. A coat of wax is in order too for the winter
This weekend though changing the shocks on the Rangie cos it's way too bouncy.

Only the best mods are done in the cold, dark wet of winter. If you can clearly see what your doing then its not a mod thats worth doing :D

SilverSaloon looks to have the worst job , changing springs. .

well i got the spring now, just got to get the time! hopefully before it gets really cold!

***'s post reminds me i should really clay and wax both estates before winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom