Last SAAB's auctioned off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agreed - SAAB's were just that bit different - great seats too.

wont be missed by me im afraid,i think there an eyesore.good riddance

I never 'got' Saab. I thought the interiors and seats were awful.

I have absolutely no feeling either way about this, apart from the loss of people's livihoods, though I read that most have been snapped up elsewhere.

I always liked them, admittedly never owned one , I've always liked quirky / different thinking / alternative type Cars - Hence my Rover 75 I guess
Great shame to see alternatives disappearing guess we we only have Eastern boxes to choose from soon :(

I had a 9000 Turbo for 3 years in the 80s as a company car. Nice steering and acceleration for its time but overall a bit agricultural. Never occurred to me to consider another one.

They had a different vision that was not, until GM bought them, mainstream and for that I will miss them.

"wont be missed by me im afraid,i think there an eyesore.good riddance"

Have you ever owned or driven one? Thought not; ignorance is bliss (of grammar, syntax and punctuation as well.....).

I've had two 9000s and a 9-5 (all Aeros); fast, reliable, economical, decent handling, comfortable (better seats than my W210, which my wife says has to go because it does not have heated rear seats...). I only bought the E55 because I wanted a fast automatic estate, and my 9-5 estate is a manual.

The E55 is (just) better overall than the Saab, but mainly because of the considerable performance difference, and I'm not blind to its comparative deficiencies. Parts are generally a lot more expensive than the Saab equivalent as well. I like them both, but I can't afford to keep both.

E55BOF

Double post...

Last edited:
Had a 95 saloon as a company car in 1998. Was suffering from severe sciatica at the time and traded my c220 for one because the seats were so much better.My best friend is an inspector in the police and was telling me .a while ago, when he was in traffic, they never saw an accident where a Saab driver was killed. He reckoned they were the safest car to drive bar none.Very sorry to see them go.

I had a 9-5 Aero HOT on an 04 before my current Merc.

Acceleration was good although 250BHP through the front wheels is always going to be interesting.

Sound system was quite good from standard (I added 6 x 9s), seats were really good.

Other than that - it was all a bit crappy including the plastic 'wood-effect' trim.

I thought they would be in more trouble with their choice of 9-5 engines in the last one.

I did 'get' Saabs though although I wont really miss the cars - sad for those out of work really.

I had five 9 5 Estates in a row - 4 diesel and 1 petrol - all manual - the petrol one was the HOT Aero, fantastic Estate and the last Diesel was Hirsch chipped to 175bhp - again a marvellous Estate.
I moved to SAAB after my last MBZ E320 CDi Diesel Estate ..... which just got too big for us .... I really got to like the 9 5, although it was an old design, and I suppose I much preferred it to the Merc in Estate form.

I sold my last SAAB. a 9 5 "Dame Edna" Estate about two years ago and bought a Skoda Yeti

I moved to SAAB after my last MBZ E320 CDi Diesel Estate ..... which just got too big for us ....

Mine was the reverse Bill - I moved from a 95 estate to an E320 CDI estate.

Both great cars.

I loved my 95 estate. Not only was it an excellent car but it was different from the normal 'herd' of cars that we conformist Brits seem to sheepishly follow.

We need more individuality in our lives but this is another nail in it's demise. Whatever happened to 'wanting to be different'?

I enjoyed every moment of my Saab convertible that I sold last July. Great car for fun in the sun albeit slightly dodgy interior quality and very agricultural sounding FIAT/GM diesel engine! :D.

I had three 9000's in all. Great cars, individual, strong, huge load capacity, Aero model with manual box was a hoot! And the best seats as already said.

Until recently also had an old (1996) GM shape 900 as a runaround/leave anywhere car . Afraid this did nothing for me at all! Maybe when it all started to go wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom