Last weekend application of Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow - great contribution....

That's a very impressive video.

I've always used Sonax net shield on my 10 year old cars, but I've always been sceptical of the detailing spray as a top up product. Time to reconsider !

The last time I waxed my car was about 12 months ago, and ideally needs another wax. However the wax I have Soft99 Authentic Premium and Turtle Wax ICE is less glossy than the Sonax coat.

That looks stunning but.....I just couldn`t use that sort of cleaning system...just wouldn`t seem right for me :(

You've got one lovely looking car there, I admire your efforts.

That looks stunning but.....I just couldn`t use that sort of cleaning system...just wouldn`t seem right for me :(

Fully understood.

You can imagine my nervousness on a brand new showroom car, given that i wash with two buckets (clean, and rinse) using a mitt rather than a sponge.

Still seems scratch free under more revealing bright artificial LED light.

I do have some faint scratches caused by the fuel line draping over the boot (only visible under the LED light, not really visible in bright daylight) caused by using a fuel pump on the left, as I typically did with my previous MB, and used any available pump at the station.

Now I only use a pump on the fuel cap side to avoid the drape.

I guess this method is not good or best practice, however my car is only lightly soiled with regular 'freshen up' cleans. If it manages to get filthy dirty, which it never does, I'd use water two buckets and mitt.

I'm always careful to regularly turn the microfibre cloth to a clean patch and applying copious amounts of Sonax BSD wiping gently in a linear fashion and avoiding circular motions. I'll keep monitoring for fine cleaning marks/scratches

I was actually more nervous when I took my car in for servicing and for the dealer to give it a courtesy wash. You should see the state of some showroom cars paintwork with swirl marks with delivery mileage, at some dealers.

I don't get it. If there is dust on the car and you wipe a fluid over it with a cloth, how come the dirt doesn't create a scratched surface? Do you wipe it after every drive before a layer of dirt can form?

I don't get it. If there is dust on the car and you wipe a fluid over it with a cloth, how come the dirt doesn't create a scratched surface? Do you wipe it after every drive before a layer of dirt can form?

Totally agree, I cannot understand how it's not scratched.

Scary stuff and I'm not brave enough to try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It 'should' scratch but doesn't seem to, at least for now.
When washing the car with water and blasting with a pressure hose - superficial dirt still clings to the paintwork. Out come the mitts which wipe over the surface and the rinse bucket's water gradually goes dirty. Which would imply dirt is being wiped over the paintwork by the mitt in order to remove it.

The difference being water and shampoo Vs Sonax cleaning fluid which provides the cleaning and lubricating layer.

Quote Sonax "For fast, interim paintwork care. Cleans slightly soiled surfaces gently and thoroughly, without scratches"

The "without scratches" part I took with a pinch of salt as marketing talk, and it will probably over the longer term have similar scratches as a car washed with a sponge, and will stop when that time starts to come.

I use it regularly when the car is lightly soiled so my car is always clean.

If the dust is from granite gravel car parks then I use water and pressure hose as I would image the innocently looking gravel dust is razor sharp.

Last edited:
I also use SBSD but only when car is clean, my car is Polar White so less likely to show scratches than a dark car.

Maybe I will try it on a Lower panel when slightly soiled, just maybe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice ⚡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom