Late 07 cls 320 cdi fully loaded is there any point in buying 09 cls 350 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmancdi

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes E320 cdi sport ,vw Tiguan R line , M B cls , bmw convertible
Nice clean well serviced late 07 cls 320 recent full gearbox service.
Iridium silver with dark grey leather interior in good condition ,
Is it worth spend couple thousand to change it for 2009 cls 350 cdi
In black same spec. Is there much difference or enough difference in the 350 to justify changing to it.

In black same spec. Is there much difference or enough difference in the 350 to justify changing to it.
If the 320 is a car you know and love I'd keep it.

+1

you could also consider remapping the 320 to bring a change in the driving experience if that is what you are yearning for

If you have no DPF on your current car keep it!
Also had a 320 cdi in an ML then a 350 cdi in same model, found the first engine quieter and not noticeably slower than the later model

If you have no DPF on your current car keep it!
Also had a 320 cdi in an ML then a 350 cdi in same model, found the first engine quieter and not noticeably slower than the later model

Have the dpf sadly although I never ever had any trouble with them. someone else said the 320 was quieter , cheers.

+1

you could also consider remapping the 320 to bring a change in the driving experience if that is what you are yearning for

Does the remapping make much difference to gear changes and m p g Thanks.

You’d need to ask the remap company for their views or listen to owners of the 320 who have

Id keep the silver car. Blacks a mare to keep looking good.

I had a Brabus D6 box on my 59 plate 320 CLS and the difference was very noticeable and very positive. Huge increase in torque and that made the gear shifts better.
On my 07 S Class, I had a Superchips re-map and that was superb, almost as though they had slipped a V8 under the bonnet! Never an issue with either car, and I had 50 mpg from the cars when driving with some anticipation.:cool:

Looking into details of Black cls 09 350 cdi compared to my late 07 320 cdi , both 221 bhp mine has full memory seats , command, full leather original 6 spoke alloys
All in good condition, 350 has no memory seats but it has a sd slot and a sunroof different exhaust tips that’s about it , so I am thinking might be better to keep my own as only after good gear box service etc.

I had a Brabus D6 box on my 59 plate 320 CLS and the difference was very noticeable and very positive. Huge increase in torque and that made the gear shifts better.
On my 07 S Class, I had a Superchips re-map and that was superb, almost as though they had slipped a V8 under the bonnet! Never an issue with either car, and I had 50 mpg from the cars when driving with some anticipation.:cool:
Was the brabus d6 box expensive
and in normal driving I assume the fuel difference was little.

Was the brabus d6 box expensive
and in normal driving I assume the fuel difference was little.
I think I paid £250 for a pre-owned Brabus box and the mpg was actually a little better in normal driving. The Brabus box was preferred to any of the generic tuning boxes as it measured many more parameters than just the fuel pressure, and importantly at the time, the Mercedes warranty was still valid.

No

You've obviously decided that you want to swap and nothing anyone else says will change your mind, so just do it and enjoy it. Don't look back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom