Latest Addition to the KillerHERTZ Fleet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Today I had my new daily driver rider arrive which will replace my current MY2008 GT Avalanche 1.0.

I do 50 miles a week to and from work, aswell as long rides at the weekend.

IMG_20151102_153838_zpsssdpe6md.jpg

IMG_20151102_153903_zpsarphfsyj.jpg

-GT Avalanche Expert MY:2015
-0.5 Bhp

Specs for bike geeks:
Frame Hydroformed & Butted Speed Metal Aluminum (TT/DT) Frame, Triple Triangle Replaceable Derailleur Hanger, Disc Brake Mounts, Zerostack 1 1/8" Head Tube, 650B Design
Forks Rock Shox XC32 TK Coil 27.5", 100mm Travel, Turn Key Lockout, QR, Coil Spring, Remote Poplock Lockout
Headset Kore 1B-1 1 1/8" Threadless, Zerostack
Handlebars All Terra Riser, 710mm Width, 15mm Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
Stem All Terra 1 1/8", 6 Rise, 31.8mm Clamp
Shifters 30 Speed Shimano Deore
Front Mech Shimano Deore
Rear Mech Shimano Deore XT Shadow Plus
Chainset Shimano Deore, 42/32/24T
Bottom Bracket Shimano
Chain KMC X10
Cassette Shimano 11-36T, 10-Speed
Front Brake Shimano BR-M396 Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotor
Rear Brake Shimano BR-M396 Hydraulic Disc, 160mm Rotor
Rims Jalco JD200, Double Wall, 32H
Front Hub All Terra Alloy Disc, Center Lock
Rear Hub All Terra Alloy Cassette Disc, Center Lock
Spokes 14G Stainless
Tyres Continental Race King 27.5X2.20" FrontContinental Race King 27.5X2.20" Rear
Seatpost All Terra Alloy Micro-Adjust, 30.9mm

OK, compared to proper downhill bikes etc, its not going to wow anyone but for what I use it for, im happy.

As its last years model, I was able to get a great deal on it :bannana:

Took it for a 35 Mile cycle this afternoon and im very impressed with it, I like the handlebar mounted front suspension controls for the Rock Shox and the gear change is very smooth :thumb:

Last edited:
Nice machines.

Can you lock the shock out?

You don't fancy clipless pedals then?

Nice machines.

You don't fancy clipless pedals then?

To dangerous on Cambridge City roads, cars changing lanes, opening doors, people stepping out etc. If it was only used at the weekends then I would :thumb:

Very nice, i bought a decent MB last year to get a bit fitter, i road it quite a bit and did feel better for it, but this year, ive used it once.

To dangerous on Cambridge City roads, cars changing lanes, opening doors, people stepping out etc. If it was only used at the weekends then I would :thumb:

You get used to it. If you get the right pedals and tension you are out in much less than a second. Nothing like it for working the hamstrings. If not convinced try half cages or toe clips. I have a torque meter on my Watt bike, see ideal peanut on image - you can only get close to that level of efficiency if pulling and pushing.

Either way, nice machine.

Chris

polar_pedal_positions.jpg

I'm a lil concerned about the wall mounted bike stand. PLEASE be careful revealing your 55 into the garage on a nighttime.

Ant.

Where's the engine?

0.5 Bhp, managed 35 Miles on a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and a glass of OJ today

I'm a lil concerned about the wall mounted bike stand. PLEASE be careful revealing your 55 into the garage on a nighttime.

Ant.

Cheers, its been there for over a year. Its on a hinge and folds flat :thumb:

KillerHERTZ said:
0.5 Bhp, managed 35 Miles on a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and a glass of OJ today Cheers, its been there for over a year. Its on a hinge and folds flat :thumb:
Smashing bike, which half of you is the horse then?.....:)

I love a good bike. A friend has just opened a shop called brink, he does custom bike builds. Not sure if you'd be interested but they have some quality kit there if you were wanting to improve your bike.

Last edited:

Nice Bike!

Took my first driving test in Cambridge in 1990.

Lived on Manhattan Drive, then moved out to Cherry Hinton.

0.5 Bhp, managed 35 Miles on a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and a glass of OJ today

So there we have it, officially defined conversion figures. Thus a standard 55K motor is just under 1000 Karlpower.

Nice bike, not good in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom