Latest C-Class phone problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

addbuyer

SUPPORTER
Car
Panamera Turbo S
Guys, help needed with the voice command system please.
The in-laws have the latest C-Class and have an issue with getting the voice operation for the telephone system to work.
How do they use the voice command to bring up the phone book to make calls etc?
On my last C-Class and my current E-Class, I can access the phone book or telephone commands, simply by pressing the voice operation button on the steering wheel and speaking a command, such as 'call name' That switches the screen to telephone mode (irrespective of what the screen display is showing) and I can access the phone book, make calls etc.
On their car, saying 'call name' does nothing?
The screen was on sat nav when I tried it this evening and pressing the voice command button just showed all the commands for operating the sat nav only?
I was loaned the new shape C-Class a couple of week ago which I paired my phone to and I'm sure it worked the same way as the older C-Class?
Any ideas why it won't recognise telephone commands?

Do they have the premium plus model?
If so, they press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Call Addbuyer".
If they don't have PP it works differently. I think you have to press the Phone button on the dash first.

What do they need to look for to check if it's the premium plus please? It was a show room car and seems well specked. The DVD sat nav takes voice commands!

TomTom sat nav instead of Garmin, Burmester stereo, and a giant glass sunroof!

It does seem strange that voice commands for the phone aren't part of even the most basic Bluetooth package? Although it's not a quick trip, best drop the car back to Merc and get the salesman to crawl over it :(

Yes, I was surprised to find that out too. Do you think your in-laws have got a PP version?

What do they need to look for to check if it's the premium plus please? It was a show room car and seems well specked. The DVD sat nav takes voice commands!

TomTom sat nav instead of Garmin, Burmester stereo, and a giant glass sunroof!

Get the vin number of the car and put it in HERE and you will see exactly what specs the car has.

CaptainChaos my C-Class 200 Sport Premium (not plus) comes with a giant glass sunroof as well.

CaptainChaos my C-Class 200 Sport Premium (not plus) comes with a giant glass sunroof as well.

Which sat nav do you have? Can you voice dial straight from the steering wheel?
I'm not sure what comes with what pack. :dk:

They can certainly use the voice commands for the sat nav via the steering wheel voice activation button

Get the vin number of the car and put it in HERE and you will see exactly what specs the car has.

Think that might be a bit technical for them :rolleyes: I've ask why she hasn't read the manual and it's because it's like understanding Chinese, which I do agree with for certain parts

Think that might be a bit technical for them :rolleyes: I've ask why she hasn't read the manual and it's because it's like understanding Chinese, which I do agree with for certain parts

I meant for you to do it and see what spec they have just ask them the vin number from their V5. :D

You can then tell them whether they have telephone voice command or not as the book covers all C classes and accessories so they may think because it's in the book they should have it.

If they have got it and it doesn't work it's a drive back to the dealers.

I meant for you to do it and see what spec they have just ask them the vin number from their V5. :D

You can then tell them whether they have telephone voice command or not as the book covers all C classes and accessories so they may think because it's in the book they should have it.

If they have got it and it doesn't work it's a drive back to the dealers.

Don't think they would have the V5 yet, they only took delivery last week.
:dk:

Chassis number is on the driver's door jamb and passenger windscreen (under the wiper).

Mine was registered on 3rd march and my V5 came on 8th. It will be on their invoice/order whether it's a pp or just premium. My premium has satnav voice demand but for telephone it's touchpad or controller.

I have the Garmin with voice commands but no voice commands for the phone.

Just heard that they took the car back to Merc today and it doesn't support voice commands for the phone. Unbelievable in this day and age guys that it's not a standard feature.
Thanks for all your input though

That's a shame for them. It is weird logic though. Voice control of a phone is much more use than voice control of a satnav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom