Latest Maps Version for COMAND NTG4.5/4.7 - November 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
2022 Hyundai IONIQ 5 RWD / 2016 Suzuki Vitara AWD
The latest version is now v19.0 A 172 004 63 99.

It's a free download, though the installation requires the purchase of a PIN code.

Any links to this ?

If you have a previous version of the maps on USB flash drive or SD-Card, there's no need to reformat it, the Download Manager will delete the old files before downloading the new ones. This way you don't have to worry about the correct format etc (i.e. if this USB flash drive or SD-Card has worked before, then it will also work with the new maps).

The latest version is now v19.0 A 172 004 63 99.

It's a free download, though the installation requires the purchase of a PIN code.
Where do I purchase the pin code please ?

Where do I purchase the pin code please ?

Official PIN codes can be purchased at www.comandonline.co.uk, or at any MB dealer.

PIN codes can also be purchased for cheap on eBay, but these are hacked codes. They do work (according to some members on here who tried it) but they are not 'legit' I.e. the purchase won't show up on MB's central computer or on the car when checked with STAR.

Official PIN codes can be purchased at www.comandonline.co.uk, or at any MB dealer.

PIN codes can also be purchased for cheap on eBay, but these are hacked codes. They do work (according to some members on here who tried it) but they are not 'legit' I.e. the purchase won't show up on MB's central computer or on the car when checked with STAR.
So, what do I need to do first ? Where do I find the updates and how do I install them into my comand system. Sorry if I sound dense.

So, what do I need to do first ? Where do I find the updates and how do I install them into my comand system. Sorry if I sound dense.

Click the link in post #3, there is a link in that thread to the download manager. Put the files on a SD card. Purchase a PIN from the sources mentioned and then put the SD card in your Comand system and put the PIN in when prompted.

Click the link in post #3, there is a link in that thread to the download manager. Put the files on a SD card. Purchase a PIN from the sources mentioned and then put the SD card in your Comand system and put the PIN in when prompted.
As above.

You can also use a USB flash drive instead of an SD-Card if you prefer.

Either way the portable storage device should have a capacity of at least 32gb.

^ That link no longer works. It's been removed.

I see from your other thread that you have a 2008 W211... it's a different system.

MB have quite a few versions of its navigation system, the one referenced in this thread (COMAND NTG4.5) was common between 2011 and 2015.

Your car is must likely equipped with either a late COMAND NTG2 unit, or an early COMAND NTG4.

I see from your other thread that you have a 2008 W211... it's a different system.

MB have quite a few versions of its navigation system, the one referenced in this thread (COMAND NTG4.5) was common between 2011 and 2015.

Your car is must likely equipped with either a late COMAND NTG2 unit, or an early COMAND NTG4.
It's an ng2 unit I believe which has the sd card slot. So, can I buy the sd card with maps ? And just load the system ?

It's an ng2 unit I believe which has the sd card slot. So, can I buy the sd card with maps ? And just load the system ?
As far as I know the unit with the SD Card slot is actually the NTG2.5....

What is the cost of the map upgrade through a Mercedes dealer (NTG4.7)

What is the cost of the map upgrade through a Mercedes dealer (NTG4.7)
I paid £99 at the dealers for latest map on a NTG 4.5, if that helps?

I paid £99 at the dealers for latest map on a NTG 4.5, if that helps?

Was it just for the PIN code, or did they actually install the maps? If the latter was it during a service, or did you bring the car in especially for that?

BTW that's a very good price, I was quoted £199 by the dealer for PIN and installation (during a service).

Was it just for the PIN code, or did they actually install the maps? If the latter was it during a service, or did you bring the car in especially for that?

BTW that's a very good price, I was quoted £199 by the dealer for PIN and installation (during a service).
That was just for map update, no service, took the car in and they installed it all for me, £99 Inc vat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom