Latest mod !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
These beauties arrived from germany today. They change colour as well.
Mercedes+015.jpg

Last edited:
Originally posted by Koolvin
tell me more!
I got these from a guy called Ralf in Germany. I also bought an avantgarde grill, chrome heater vent covers, chrome rings for the heater dials, chrome gear lever surround and a chrome strip for the grab handle on the boot.
All in all, it took 9 days for the items to reach me.
His site can be found here:-Mod part link

Graeme.

Last edited:
Hi

What did the dials cost, have you fitted them yet, if so what it a tricky job?

Thanks
Jon

ps. where is the link on his web site for the dials, i couldn't find it.

Originally posted by n3thn
Hi

What did the dials cost, have you fitted them yet, if so what it a tricky job?

Thanks
Jon

ps. where is the link on his web site for the dials, i couldn't find it.

Jon,
I sent him an email asking about the dials. He has MSN messenger if you have it. His user name is :- [email protected]

I think the dials were 80 euros for the set of three plus shipping.
The picture you see is after they were fitted. I was going to do a step by step picture guide, but being an impatient sod, I wanted to get them in as quick as poss.

Graeme

Last edited:
Thanks Graeme
That seems pretty cheap, are they new dials and bulbs are stick on ones, where they a bugger to fit.

Jon

They were quite easy to fit. Pop out the clock console, take off the front plastic bit, carefully remove the needles with a screwdriver, peel off old crappy guages and fit the new ones.
The bit that took the time was setting the needles back up, but whole job from start to finish took me an hour. You have to find a positive feed from the ignition for them to light up.

Got price wrong earlier. Is 80 euros. Have edited it above.
He is currently out of stock for w202 models, but has w124, w140 and w210 models in stock.

Cheers

Have you any pics of them taken in daylight, also is there a link on his website for these dials as i cannot find them on there.

Jon

Originally posted by n3thn
Cheers

Have you any pics of them taken in daylight, also is there a link on his website for these dials as i cannot find them on there.

Jon

Jon,
There is no link on there as he has only just started selling them. According to him, I am the only one in the UK to have bought them from him. As he said " I can't get enough". Here's some pics taken in daylight.

Dash+003.jpg

Dash+012.jpg

Dash+013.jpg

Dash+015.jpg

They look well trick!
Have been looking for something similar myself to go with my illuminated door sills but never found anything for the w202.One thing Ive noticed, do the needles light up as well, As I cant see them very well from the photo?

Hi Pluggers.
Yes. The needles light up when you turn the lights on. Forgot to turn them on when i took pic.:crazy:

Cant find a source for the heater controls yet, but working on it.;)
Fitted the avantgarde grill yesterday, makes it look like a different car. :rock: :rock:
Graeme

C180's dont have 160MPH on the clock so it looks to me as your speedo will always be out?

80MPH shows dead centre on your new guages but 80 on the old guages is slightly to the right snt it? it gets worse after 110MPH dont it?

Spot on K. It's not much to worry about though.
Had missus in porsche behind me testing the speeds.
Is about 7mph out.
At least now if it shows 70 mph, I know I wont get knicked for speeding.:D

do they have these gauges in white for the W140 also is there a distributor for these in the US? let me know. thanks and ttyl.

Thought id just mention: to take the needles off, use a teaspoon not a screwdriver. Just put it under the needle and press down, this will pop the needle off without damaging the clock or the needle....

Ive done a few KMH-MPH conversions!...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom