Latest Ntg 4.5 map updates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alzieboy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E350CDI Coupe
Taking the Coupe (2013 ) in tomorrow for a map update on the NTG 4.5 . Any info would be welcome on what is the latest map code .
Main Dealer £99 .

Taking the Coupe (2013 ) in tomorrow for a map update on the NTG 4.5 . Any info would be welcome on what is the latest map code .
Main Dealer £99 .
I think version 19 is the latest one. I have been waiting for a new version but it seems they are not going to have another one soon.

I think version 19 is the latest one. I have been waiting for a new version but it seems they are not going to have another one soon.

I've been waiting too. So I've now given up waiting and ordered a card and activation code from the Ebay link you posted. I hope it works.

I've been waiting too. So I've now given up waiting and ordered a card and activation code from the Ebay link you posted. I hope it works.
Are these eBay maps on an SD card , does the card have to remain in the SD slot or can the card be removed after download to the Command memory.

Last edited:
Wonder how they generate the vehicle specific PIN as AFAIK this has to be done via the MB mainframe in Germany - also the best price for PIN and update is the occasional MB main dealer offer of £99, rather than the normal £50 for the PIN and £80-100 for the maps. Over the years (including now) there have been many copied DVD's available for NTG4, 2.5 etc, this is the first time I've seen a cheap update for 4.5 or later - and there are some horror stories about bricked Comand units from copied DVD's! Wonder if @richard will comment on this.

Are these eBay maps on an SD card , does the card have to remain in the SD slot or can the card be removed after download to the Command memory.
The maps are said to be on an SD card, which is in the post to me now by Royal Mail. They’ve sent the PIN by email in response to my VIN. Hopefully everything will be OK.

AFAIK, the SD card can be removed after the software has been transferred to COMAND. I should find out in 3 or 4 days.

When I had my NTG4.5 map updated last Sept (it was V19.0) it is downloaded to the internal memory from an SD card.
Also £99 from MB -Poole.

Thanks everyone, I had to cancel the appointment for the map update , something came up and I needed the car today ..

Will be interested to see how Knighterrant gets on with his SD card update :thumb:

Google maps is far superior always up to date and £0.00
But doesn’t appear on my COMAND screen or instrument cluster. To use it on the go I’d need to have a mobile phone contract with lots of data available, which has to be paid for. I don’t have a contract phone or plan, just PAYG, which costs peanuts.

Baffles me why a supposedly high-end marque such as Mercedes insists on deploying such outdated and clunky SatNav. Really is about time they sucked it up and went something like Android isn't it?

Baffles me why a supposedly high-end marque such as Mercedes insists on deploying such outdated and clunky SatNav. Really is about time they sucked it up and went something like Android isn't it?
When my car was in for a service last Friday I was provided with a brand new CLA. I don't know what tech was used for the Sat Nav but it looked very impressive on the large, wide screen.

It doesn't look too outdated and clunky here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1624959307433.png

A bit like Audi did 3 or 4 years ago. Nice to have it right in front of you rather than off to one side.

True, though to be fair to MB, COMAND NTG4.5 was introduced in 2010 and was in use until 2015.

Later COMAND systems (NTG5*1, NTG5.5, NTG6, NTG7) have optional support for Apple CarPlay / Android Auto.

The odd one out is COMAND NTG5*2, installed in cars from 2014 to 2018, and which didn't support Apple CarPlay / Android Auto.

But doesn’t appear on my COMAND screen or instrument cluster. To use it on the go I’d need to have a mobile phone contract with lots of data available, which has to be paid for. I don’t have a contract phone or plan, just PAYG, which costs peanuts.

You don't actually use that much data, once route is set (possibly using WiFi not mobile data) once navigating it's GPS signals. You can download maps via WiFi to use offline too, but you'll lose out on live updates

This morning I received the SD card with V19.0 bought on eBay earlier this week. The installation was easy using the code they emailed. It took about 90 minutes and I did it with a battery charger connected to avoid any risk of it cutting out during the upload.

Received the SD card and pin for V19.0 also purchased on eBay, the seller is extremely helpful. Also a Thank You to knighterrant for some help and info.
No problems with the download and as recommended kept the CTEK charger connected during the process.
Map update took Aprox 70 mins to complete, MD wanted the car for a whole day 09.00 to 17.00 hrs which wasn’t convenient, so glad I went the DIY route a saving of £20 which will go on Peroni for Saturday Night :thumb:

PAYG £10 a month including 30 GB a month from Smarty ( Three ) no contract

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom