Latest teleatlas CD's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Does anyone know when the teleatlas (COMAND 2.0) CD's are released each year and whether or not the latest ones have exact postcodes / house numbers?

I'm thinking of buying the 2005/2006 TMC Michelin disk but dont want to sink my cash into it if its likely that the 2006/2007 disk will be out soon!

Thanks

the current dx version is 2005 for UK and Ireland, was released in April / May this year. TMC updates are working if you listen to classic FM- haven;t tried this yet.

the current disc CD is actually MB version 4.0 with Michelin guide and TMC which is actually the Teleatlas 2005/2006 DX with michelin guide and TMC. This was out early June from Mercedes and early September from Teleatlas themselves. Actually quite a scoop for MB that they got it before Teleatlas offered it from there site.

The next disc will be 2006DX which will be due late Q1 2006. So no matter which disc you buy it will be out of date in 6 months as the replacement will be out by then.

ckember said:
the current dx version is 2005 for UK and Ireland, was released in April / May this year. TMC updates are working if you listen to classic FM- haven;t tried this yet.
I joined a very slow M62 in the rain last night and the map was lit up with TMC signs! It was great to see it working, so great in fact that I didn't mind queueing for 2 hours to get home!

Before anyone asks why TMC didn't find me another route it's because there basically is no other route unless you fancy driving down roads with grass down the middle of them occaisionally bumping into sheep/cows, "locals" and small towns like Royston Vasey! :rolleyes:

Is the Michelin guide incorporated into the navigation data or just an extra guide that you display on PC ? (if you see what I mean). The extra data for the navigation would be ideal.

New ones aren't on Navshop yet! (Sits twiddling thumbs......sod it, I'm off to the pub)

culpano said:
Is the Michelin guide incorporated into the navigation data or just an extra guide that you display on PC ? (if you see what I mean). The extra data for the navigation would be ideal.

No. My Michelin nav disk has TMC, postocodes and house numbers, but no 'Michelin guide' for restaurants, pubs, etc. if that's what you mean.

Big improvement over the standard MB discs. You need to tune to Classic FM (but can listen to a CD) for TMC to work.

P.S. My COMAND is CD not DVD.

Just heard back from Teleatlas reference the 2006 disk with michelin guide;

'Thank you for taking an interest in our Tele Atlas products. We are happy to answer your query.

Tele Atlas is currently offering the 2005/2006 DX Michelin UK CD including ITIS (TMC). We do not have a definite release date yet for the Michelin UK 2006 DX disc. We are not sure if this disc will be available in the future. We already have an updated 2006 DX UK CD but without the Michelin guide.

In case you have any additional remarks or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.'

Looks like the current (2006) offering does not have TMC or Michelin!

As posted in another post last week, I have received ordering literature from TeleAtlas.

The 2006 updated disks, with optional TMC, WILL BE AVAILABLE from this November (today??), but not on their web site yet. It does seem (by omission) that the Michelin option may well be being dropped for v2006.

NEW UK / Ireland (TMC ITIS) 2006 DX, Product ID 5392 £159.99
Available as of November 2005

NEW UK / Ireland 2006 DX, Product ID 5385 £91.99
Available as of November 2005

NEW UK / Ireland / MRE 2006 DX, Product ID ? £111.99
Available as of ?

(Both have programming to avoid London's Congestion Charging Zone)

Ralph said:
Both have programming to avoid London's Congestion Charging Zone
I wonder if this simply falls into the category of "tolls"...

Alfie said:
Tele Atlas is currently offering the 2005/2006 DX Michelin UK CD including ITIS (TMC). We do not have a definite release date yet for the Michelin UK 2006 DX disc. We are not sure if this disc will be available in the future. We already have an updated 2006 DX UK CD but without the Michelin guide.

Looks like the current (2006) offering does not have TMC or Michelin!

I spoke to the guy from TeleAtlas about this and he says the extra points of interest on the Michelin Guide CD far outweighs the standard 2006 version that's just been released (there are 7,000 extra hotels, restaurants etc with descriptions etc). He says that the 2006 Michelin edition will not be released until back end of next year.

I've just ordered it at £179 ! :crazy:

Not happy with the Teleatlas service. The new CD cost £8 express "three day" delivery postage (what for a CD ?). I ordered it on 31st October and the delivery estimate is 3rd November. That's absolutely pants :(

culpano said:
Not happy with the Teleatlas service. The new CD cost £8 express "three day" delivery postage (what for a CD ?). I ordered it on 31st October and the delivery estimate is 3rd November. That's absolutely pants :(

Have sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom