latest version Comand satnav?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonysmb

Car
MB
I will shortly be booking my car in for service, and I want the satnav updated to the latest version under the free 3-year policy. The car has Comand online.

Does anyone know, or know how to find out, what the latest version is, so that I can ensure it's been done.

It was supposedly done at the last service, but I'm not convinced as it looks to be the original version to me. I am now aware how to check installed version number via the menu, but didn't check it last year as I was told it had been updated.

I would prefer to 'discuss' it with the dealer, if necessary, once I know what the latest version is.

I have tried the search facility, but for some reason I can't access it.

Had my 2013 E350 Coupe Map update carried out end of March 2015

Map 2014/2015 map version V11.0 , don't know if a later one is now out

Your car should be NTG4.5 (it will have a SD card slot instead of the NTG4 PCMCIA slot), and if so the poster above is correct on the current version. I know the part number of the new map for NTG4.5 but it is not available yet, so I suspect it will be along within a couple of months

Cheers

Richard

Thanks to all, much appreciated.

Your car should be NTG4.5 (it will have a SD card slot instead of the NTG4 PCMCIA slot), and if so the poster above is correct on the current version. I know the part number of the new map for NTG4.5 but it is not available yet, so I suspect it will be along within a couple of months

Cheers

Richard
Richard.

Mine dies have the SD card slot.

With regard to the part number of the yet-to-be released new map, am I correct in understanding that if the dealer requests a PIN before the car is 3 years old, then it can be updated once that latest update is released?

I am asking as I intend to have the car serviced ahead of its due time (I won't be able to arrange it at the due time), so I would be happy to have it done afterwards if that meant a newer version.

Are you able to PM me the part number?

Tony

I should bookmark this - I finally got a thumbs up from Richard instead of getting my wrist slapped about second user NTG4 DVD's!

Just for the laugh - I bought a Tom Tom Go 6000 for my 968 cab - and am having as much if not more "fun" with that than with the NTG4 Comand in my S204! Tom Tom's online route planning makes NTG4 look easy! There are more fun items, but this is an MB forum!

Richard.
With regard to the part number of the yet-to-be released new map, am I correct in understanding that if the dealer requests a PIN before the car is 3 years old, then it can be updated once that latest update is released?

My advice here is (a) get them to install the latest map (b) a short while before the 3 years is up, go to parts department and ask them to generate the latest PIN code for you. I think new map disk part number is A172 827 04 00
- but when I checked 2-3 weeks ago you couldn't get get PIN number for it (and PIN number appeared before the disks were available last time)

R

That sounds like a good idea - many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom