LCD Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Greetings;

I was getting ready to do some Christmas shopping and stumbled over this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129151

Question is - as it has a VGA port, what stops me from using it as a monitor for my PC? I'm guessing the resolution will be its downfall at 1366x768 (which spread over 32" isn't that much).

Advice?

TIA,
Michele

Hello

A few people at work have these bought them for gaming and they are impressed with them for the money.

The reviews look quite good.

32" monitor.... cool

I have two 17" at work does that cont as 34" hehehehe :)

here's a quote from one of the customer reviews.

Gaming is very good and have had my laptop plugged in to the VGA input, again acceptable but you are limited to 1280x1040 resolution, so don't expect anything like a dedicated LCD Monitor with say 1950x1050.

Oh, another question - I read somewhere that the expected life of an LCD is about 3 years (i.e. before it becomes half-as-bright as when it was new). Is this true?

I might buy one, see what its like as a PC monitor - if that fails I suddenly have found a new TV :p IT does have 2 years worth of warranty; so shouldn't be too bad...right?

A210AMG: by gaming, do you mean console gaming or PC gaming? Do you know how "leggible" things like a word-document are on the monitor?

Michele

Pammy,

Reading the reviews they seem to both get good reports. For £300 it would make a great bedroom TV if you were not too keen fr the lounge?

I wonder what make they really are inside....

:)

Hello Spinal

My friends have them for Gaming as in Xbox & PS3. They rate them.

At £300 they both look a great buy, if it does last 3 years then for the money thats not bad?

Pammy,

Reading the reviews they seem to both get good reports. For £300 it would make a great bedroom TV if you were not too keen fr the lounge?

I wonder what make they really are inside....

:)

The reviews sound great and reading one on the 37" one of them is Hitachi apparently. SOunds like one of those not to be missed deals. But then I'm stuck with getting rid of the old 32 CRT which is Sony and a massive beast!:crazy:

I am very tempted:rolleyes:

But then I'm stuck with getting rid of the old 32 CRT which is Sony and a massive beast!:crazy:

I gave my old CRT to my sister for her kids to use for gaming etc.

I gave my old CRT to my sister for her kids to use for gaming etc.

Josh already has a flat screen lcd for his gaming abd I don't have room in this house for it if I did get one of these flat ones. It would have to go. Cost £1300 only about 5 years ago.

Sorry Michele not meaning to hijack your thread ;)

Josh already has a flat screen lcd for his gaming abd I don't have room in this house for it if I did get one of these flat ones. It would have to go. Cost £1300 only about 5 years ago.

Sorry Michele not meaning to hijack your thread ;)

Don't worry - I have a 26" CRT I would need to get rid of should this not work out as a PC monitor ;)

I'm guessing I would FreeCycle as painful as that sounds! They are such nice TVs! (or maybe have a TV in the garage :p)

I need to stop refreshing and start going to the gym! Last message for a few hours, promised!

Michele

1 x Hannspree XV JT01-32E2-000 32" LCD HD TV HDMI x 2 1366x768 1200:1 16:9 500cd/m2 8ms HDMI Black 2 Years Warranty 129151 Not Allocated £255.44 £255.44
1 x Plexus Tilt Mount for screens from 23" to 37" max weight 36.3kg 130800 Not Allocated £34.03 £34.03

order placed... I'm hoping it gets here saturday even though I chose the free delivery (which I'm guessing will be CityLink)

I'll report on the quality of the unit... My next step will be speakers... sadly, my satellite-signal from Italy barely manages stereo; so even though I want a 5.1 system, it will be overkill...

Michele

Greetings;

I was getting ready to do some Christmas shopping and stumbled over this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129151

Question is - as it has a VGA port, what stops me from using it as a monitor for my PC? I'm guessing the resolution will be its downfall at 1366x768 (which spread over 32" isn't that much).

Advice?

TIA,
Michele

As with everything - it depends how close you sit.
I've just tried a 27" Sony 1080P and it is providing super resolution - good enough for autocad , at least the work I do.

I've just tried a 27" Sony 1080P

Are you sure? I've never heard of a 1080P TV that small ... I'm pretty sure that's more resolution than you could see in normal use.

OK. As far as I know the smallest Sony 1080P TV is 40".

A bit of an aside to this thread but how much space do you really save with an LCD as looking at the stands, most see the same sort of size as the nomal TVs. (leaving aside wall mounting obviously)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom