LCD display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smiff

Car
C200
Anyone else got a completely blank LCD display in the lower left of the dashboard, underneath the water temp/petrol guage. ( 96 W202 elegance ) I've been told that the external temp sensor that uses that bit was optional and not present on all cars, but that sounds daft to me. I got no sensor in the front bumper either.

Thats an £80 option. Only after the '97 facelift did it become standard.:D

I already have the display.

I have read somewhere though, that there is a kit available from MB to upgrade this.

Easier than getting the individual parts, but getting the kit part number could be even harder, although we may know a man who knows (Mbenz).

Cool ! - Thanks lads ! - please MBenz/anyone - Any thoughts on how I get this external sensor working cos it's bugging me now i know !
( Even the Cavalier Hack/Mobile Skip/Dog Kennel has one of these ! )

Ive seen them on ebay going for about £50, Im after one myself but never seem to get the time.One day maybe.

yep
mines a 1996 C200 Esprit, and is exactly the same!
How asy are they to retrofit?
Cheers
Will

mine had it already, theres the little display and the sensor in the front of the bumper!

lol - Maybe we can get a bulk order if we figure out what to buy !

Gotta be - loads of other 124 bits are interchangeable. Anyone know of this kit?

UPDATE - WITH MANY THANKS TO MBenznl !!

I still haven't figured out whether I can just buy the sensor, as I have a later VIN number, but shall attempt to get under the car after the grand slam match this afternoon (probably not if England win cos will be celebrating!). I can't on a quick inspect find anywhere to plug the sensor in though.

Info from MBenznl. ( Many thanks! ):-

Hi Stewart,

Adding an external temp gauge is fairly easy...just get the OEM MB kit for
aftermarket install.

Depending on the VINnumber of your car you can order the complete tempgauge
package at your MB dealership: A 202 540 03 49 for VIN#s till A344660 &
F331440

or just the sensor: A 001 542 26 18 from VIN#s A344661 & F331441 till VIN#s
A519673 & F619720.

Blank? You mean like this?????
Mercedes+015.jpg

Originally posted by GRAV888
Lowered suspension. Belgian style number plates. Dark tints. Neon underlighting. Clear rear lights. Avantgarde grill. Blue lit clocks. Chrome heater vents and gear surround. More to come......
All those mods and you didn't think to add the external temperature sensor? ;) :p

Yup. Like that, only without the cool blue stuff. Oh god me head hurts. What a grand slam match...

So how much was it?

I have done this mod on my ´96 C230K Sport. It wasn´t cheap :(
I only needed the wire and sensor. But i wasn´t able to fit it myself, cuz you have to add the wires (2 of them) in to one of those big connectors that goes into the cluster. Then my dealer told that hey needed to activate the display i the computerbox, don´t know if thats the truth but....

I you would like to know if you need the whole kit with display or just the sensor and kabel, there is an easy way, just pull out the cluster, if there is a panel to snapp of in the lower left corner your would need the complete displaykit, if there´s not you won´t :p

i may have a 1999 CLK cluster for sale which has the temp shown. PM me if interested with offers... wont be available until i have fitted my AMG cluster mod tho.

Captain - X said:
I have done this mod on my ´96 C230K Sport. It wasn´t cheap :(
I only needed the wire and sensor. But i wasn´t able to fit it myself, cuz you have to add the wires (2 of them) in to one of those big connectors that goes into the cluster. Then my dealer told that hey needed to activate the display i the computerbox, don´t know if thats the truth but....

I you would like to know if you need the whole kit with display or just the sensor and kabel, there is an easy way, just pull out the cluster, if there is a panel to snapp of in the lower left corner your would need the complete displaykit, if there´s not you won´t :p

Cant really see why its expensive as its only a little sensor,But does sound like the dealer is being very scarce with the truth.I have fitted this to my car with no problems howto any use to you ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom