LCD, Plasma and Projection (again!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeL

Car
Audi A4 3.0 TDI
I found this review - although American - it is useful on a number of counts.

Firstly it is bang up to date, secondly it compares different types of large screen and goes into the spec of each set in detail, while at the same time not letting just the "numbers" sway the results.

Lastly - if the following statement isn't an oxymoron, the test was done blind - only the screens visible (the bezels were fully covered to prevent identification).

http://www.hometheatermag.com/lcds/208hdface/index.html

Enjoy

Mike

Nice, I'm umming and ahhing about a new TV, I just don't want one of the enormous jobs, I have a 32" Panasonic Wide Screen CRT now which is still great, if not a bit chunky. I think I'll go with a 37" Plasma maximum. I just don't have a big enough lounge to warrant anything else.

remember the source of the picture is more important to make the best of HD and up scaling ...say a sky HD box or Virgin + box ( which i love )

And this news

Thanks to Engadget:

Just months after Sony hauled its RPTV production business off to the graveyard, the firm is now bidding a fond farewell to the Trinitron CRT. Believe it or not, the first Trinitron became a reality in 1968, and here we are some 40 years later shedding a tear as LCDs and OLED displays steal the thunder. Reportedly, the firm has moved some 280 million units worldwide between televisions and computer monitors, but we suppose all good things must eventually come to an end. So long, Trinitron -- it's been a mighty impressive run.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom