Lcd Tv Screen Cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark.t

Banned
Car
E300 td tomtom sat nav in car dvd
Hi just got a samsung lcd tv what's the best meathod of cleaning the screen on lcd tv's are these cleaning kits any good ........ what do you use.

Microfibre cloths are good for this purpose DO NOT use any harsh abrasive products, water will suffice.

Samsung provide a microfibre cloth with the TV

It's not a huge one

cloth.jpg

Nearly threw it out by mistake! Also has instructions on the packet - no chemicals, just water.

Microfibre cloth and spectacle cleaner here - little kits from Asda for 2 quid ish (if your asda has an optician) - should only need to use cleaner fluid (or a bit of water) if it's very mucky...

Probably cleaned our plasma two or three times in two years.

The Apple Mac screen cleaning kits made my iKlear are pretty good. They come with decent cloths and a very polite solution.

Try Vim or T-Cut on a Brillo pad. It does wonders for my W203's chrome. ;)

If that doesnt work, Screencleaner pads from PC World do a good job. Streak free - even in strong sunlight. :D

LCD and plasma screens dont get as dirty as the older CRT tv screens as they dont generate anything like as much static and therefore dont attract airborne microdust particles.

BTW.........Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable than I (not difficult) can confirm that Plasma and LCD tvs cannot be detected by TV detector cars? I read somewhere that TV detection worked on the principle of picking up the TV's emissions from the CRT - which of course Plasma and LCD tv's dont have. Just curious, thats all...........;)

Last edited:
BTW.........Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable than I (not difficult) can confirm that Plasma and LCD tvs cannot be detected by TV detector cars? I read somewhere that TV detection worked on the principle of picking up the TV's emissions from the CRT - which of course Plasma and LCD tv's dont have. Just curious, thats all...........;)

hope you bought your tv licence just in case;)

I think it works more on the basis of having all the addresses where a licence hasn't been purchased.

what a load of B***ocks , they work through a list like they ahve always done. Those vans had nothing more than coathangers on the roof.

The vans do work, but they check from lists of addresses sent from stores and manufacturers which the consumers give for their warranty

That would need the screen to be facing the van so as to capture the radiated electrons.....AND the TV to be switched on..

I'm sure the vans are nothing but minibusses.

Use a used 'Bounce' sheet - they pick up static easily - leave no marks and very effective...

I think it works more on the basis of having all the addresses where a licence hasn't been purchased.

Not having a licence only matters if you're using a TV - that's what the detector shows.

I suspect what verytalldave said is correct i.e. only CRTs radiate significantly. This is certainly not myth, years back it was shown that you could easily pick up a readable image of what was being displayed on a CRT computer monitor from some distance away. This caused no end of security concerns, and resulted in specially shielded monitors for use with secure/sensitive applications.

Re. detector vans, have a look at the first product mentioned here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom