Le Mans 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hanzz

Car
Ford Fusion + :( (Company Car)
Anyone else going to the 24 hour Le Mans this year? ;)

I'm off to France a week before for a holiday then back to Le Man's on the weekend for the 24 hour race! :D

Never been before, but been told it's great fun.. Anyone else got any advice? :bannana:

yes I am going, was gonna do a thread in the meet ups section at the end of the month when my travel bitch books it, if you like cars you will love it, a few of us went last year, I was in a pimped W126 with a top gun style logo on it saying Le Mans so I was difficult to miss,

are you driving?

check you tube/google video etc for mulsanne madness or houx annexe, just shows some of the petrolheads that go there on go mental on a friday........

I love cars, so am really looking forward to going. I'm a Le Mans virgin, but my partner has been quite a few times in a group and really enjoyed it.

My partner is toying with the idea of finding a TVR, ideally a Chimera to use. I'm not so keen as I don't think we'd have much luck with fitting in the luggage as we're going for longer than the weekend! He's going to be the one driving so I guess it's up to him. If we don't get the TVR, he'll be taking the BMW (sorry!!)coupe.

I'll have a look for the vids, I've heard it can be pretty mad and extreme!

I'll be going for the 18th time this year! Never been to watch, I've always been working and this year we will running the first of a brand new marque at the 24 hr race. In the past I've run Jaguars, Toyotas, McLarens and Bentleys.
My wife knows all the right shops, cafes and chateaus, but I rarley if ever get to see them.
A word of warning...Le Mans is seriously addictive. Many times I have said to myself on the Monday after the race 'I'm never doing that again' only to find I'm plotting how to return the following year just days later:confused:

I've also never been before but are planning to go with a few mates this year.

I would love to go but expense might be the issue. What is the cheapest way of doing it with public transport I wonder?

i'm going to the classic - alternate between the two - although the warm up race for the 24hrs sounds pretty good!

I went some years ago, had a :rock: :devil: time under canvass. Wondered what on earth the noise was when I woke from having a few hours kip during the night! LOL. Saw a car flip and land back on its wheels, an awesome weekend was had. :D The atmosphere is purely electric.

Hanzz, the w124 is just fine! Had the rear bumper replaced, she was running well up until a couple of days ago. She's been to Ian's too and he has spent a lot of appreciated time on her doing stuff and will probably have another trip up there very soon eh Ian??? :D :devil:

Hanzz, the w124 is just fine! Had the rear bumper replaced, she was running well up until a couple of days ago. She's been to Ian's too and he has spent a lot of appreciated time on her doing stuff and will probably have another trip up there very soon eh Ian??? :D :devil:

What happened to her a few days ago?

Got any pics of the rear bumper? :)

Hope your still happy! :) I miss her alot :(

Went in a big group about 6 times a few years ago, is much better value than F1, the qualifying on the Thursday then the whole race for about £35.

Used to watch the qualifying on the Thursday, do the pitlane walkabout on "mad" Friday then parts of the race in between drinking warm French beer and eating BBQ food. Generally we would watch the start, have a champagne frenzy at the ACO bar, have a sleep to sober up then head off to Cafe De Hundreads (or however you spell it) at about 10 on the Saturday night and meet up with some friends at Tet Rouge at about 4 in the morning!!!

Advice is to be prepared for any weather and tune into radio le mans.

Nick

my neighbour goes every year and does the show the day before with the old jags..he came 2nd 3rd or 4th in the 50th with the jag team,I woukld love to go but just don't have the time ..he ask me to go with his group most years (arghhhhh)

What happened to her a few days ago?

Got any pics of the rear bumper? :)

Hope your still happy! :) I miss her alot :(

Will take some pics and post, she looks good.

We call her the purple beast!

Started hunting on Tuesday, queried the wiring loom. I filled up with fuel from our local Shell that morning and wondered if the mix was rubbish. :mad: Yesterday seemed to be fine,:D apart from a little more hunting and she seems to have calmed down, not surprisingly I have used the tank of fuel and filled up elsewhere. So maybe .........:rock:

I love cars, so am really looking forward to going. I'm a Le Mans virgin, but my partner has been quite a few times in a group and really enjoyed it.

My partner is toying with the idea of finding a TVR, ideally a Chimera to use. I'm not so keen as I don't think we'd have much luck with fitting in the luggage as we're going for longer than the weekend! He's going to be the one driving so I guess it's up to him. If we don't get the TVR, he'll be taking the BMW (sorry!!)coupe.

I'll have a look for the vids, I've heard it can be pretty mad and extreme!

I used to own a Chimaera. The boot is colossal. Believe me, you'll fit all your luggage in there. Theres less space with the roof off, but still enough for a fat suitcase. Roof on and you'll get 2 fat suitcases in, with space at either side for more.

There are also small spaces behind the seats to stow hand luggage.

The Griffith boot is much smaller.

I did Le Mans for the first time last year. TBH I was a bit disappointed as they had the safety car out loads because of the rain, in fact the race finished under the safety car for the first time EVER.

Also choose your camp site carefully as it can be a very long walk to the circuit etc.

I did buy a Goped but my mate broke it the day before we were due to go :(

I'm going to try the ADAC Nurburgring 24hours this year instead.

Will take some pics and post, she looks good.

We call her the purple beast!

Started hunting on Tuesday, queried the wiring loom. I filled up with fuel from our local Shell that morning and wondered if the mix was rubbish. :mad: Yesterday seemed to be fine,:D apart from a little more hunting and she seems to have calmed down, not surprisingly I have used the tank of fuel and filled up elsewhere. So maybe .........:rock:

Hopefully it was just the mix :) . Before I had the loom done it was awful, I noticed it was shuddering, and it just got progressively worse, also very slow!! :crazy: It was very embarrasing when trying to get past a truck on the A37 and wouldn't go past 20!! :( Fingers crossed!

Parrot, thanks for the advice. The boot is obviously bigger than it looks, I don't think we'd complete the look with a trailer on the back! Sounds like plenty of space for what we need. Would you recommend one to take to France for a trip, as in terms of relibility. That's another issue. :crazy:

Going to the Classic Le Mans in July this year. Went with a few of the chaps two years ago. These guys have been going to Le Mans religously for years but gave it a miss as it has changed beyond recognition. The Classic is a far more relaxed atmosphere. No **** heads throwing beer or p*ss at the nice cars driving by. Also far less police prescence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom